Chapter 10: Nikkah.

*Nikkah*

----------------------------------------------------

-Zayan-

"I do." I repeat it three times and my life is over. I pick up the pen and sign the Nikkah papers before standing up.

Everyone congratulates me and give me hugs. I sigh and look around silently. They all looked happy. Asif Uncle, Ahmed Uncle and Fatima Dad sit on the other side of the room and talk as their wives leave the room. Rayyan Bhai and their friends went upstairs while Adeel left to drop Qazi back. I saw Shehry Bhai and saw him nodding at the door before walking out. I followed him out in the backyard where he stops and turned around to face me.

"Yes?" I asked, breaking the silence between us. He sighs and sit on the swing in the corner and motion me to sit with him. 

"Don't worry, I am not going to kill you." He says as he saw my nervousness. I relaxed until I heard what he says next. "Yet. But if you hurt her, I will make sure to make your life hell and make you pay for hurting her." I swallow when he gives me a bright smile. I nodded quickly when he raised his eyebrow at me. 

"Good, let's go inside. Everyone will be waiting for us." He says as his phone buzz and stood up to go inside leaving me there. I sigh and run my hands through my hairs before leaning back on chair.

I looked up at the sky and saw a few stars shining. I smile slightly as I remember what Mom used to tell me and Misha when we miss our grandparents. I shift my gaze to the two most shining stars and imagine them as Mom Dad smiling faces. 

A small tear escapes from the corner of my eyes as I close them. I really miss them right now. I know they would be very happy to see me right now if they were here. I always thought how Mom would react when she saw me in this black Sherwani. I wipe my eyes when I open them and look back at the stars. 

"I miss you two so much. I wish you were here with me on this day." I whisper and heard a sniffle making me look at the person. I sigh when I saw Misha standing a few steps away from me. She slowly walks toward me and sit beside me. 

"I am sorry." She says as her look up at me. I frowned and wipe as a tear fall from her eyes. 

"You don't have to say sorry." I told her and drop my hand before looking away. "I am sorry for doing all that thing, for behaving like that and for yelling at you. I was just trying to protect everyone I love." I could feel her confused gaze on me but I didn't look at her.

"Protecting us?" I can't tell her about anything. If I do think she will start asking me questions that I don't want to answer. I am not going to tell anyone what I am doing. 

"I want to tell you something." I look at her and almost feel myself breaking at her a hopeful look on her face. "I did marry Fatima, but never expect me to act like an actual husband to her. I married her because of you and I am going to fill all rights as her husband, but I am not going to let her break me and open me up."