Chapter Three: Beast Inside

"Pieces of the dagger have apparently broken off and are, as we speak, en route to her heart." Rip explained Kendra's condition to us and I sighed, looking down at my hands.

"Can't we just time jump into the future where they got the stuff that can fix her?" Jax asked.

"This ship is from that very same future and has, thus far, been unsuccessful in saving her." Rip said.

"Kendra wouldn't survive the time jump anyway." Snart said and Rip looked at him. He shrugged with a small smile. "I pay attention."

"To sum up, Carter Hall is dead, the girlfriend's not too far behind, Vandal Savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all stuck in. That how the plan's supposed to work, Rip?" Mick asked and I couldn't take it. I stood up and walked out of the room, going anywhere but that room. Eventually, I stumbled upon a library and sat down. I recalled the dream I had the night before and shivered.

"Of all the places on this ship and you choose to spend your time in a library?" I heard a gruff voice and looked up to see the two criminals and sighed.

"Of all the people to follow you choose to follow me?" I asked and and Mick nodded.

"Rip told us to sit and we got a little bored." Snart said and I rested my chin in the palms of my hands.

"You guys never took off my mask, right?" I asked and Snart smirked.

"No, tempted though." Snart said.

"Great. I should just glue this thing to my face." I muttered jokingly and Mick stared at me.

"That would hurt." he said after a minute. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Anyways, I'm gonna read a book and you two can scurry off and play thief." I said, looking at the books before thinking and turning around. "You get anything good though, you bring me with you." I said and Mick began to walk away. Snart sent me a smirk before following. I eventually found a book that seemed somewhat interesting and sat down, reading a few chapters. It didn't take long before they were back, Snart leaned against the door frame of the library, which scared me when I looked up.

"Wanna steal something?" He asked.

"What's "Something"?" I asked and he grinned.

"You'll see, come on." he said and left. I sighed and stood up, following him. We made it to a place I hadn't seen before, but Jax was sitting in it doing mechanic-y things.

"Ha! Nice ride!" Mick said causing me to smile.

"Yeah, it can hit a Mach 3 in a walk. Pretty cool." Jax said as we circled around him.

"How'd you know so much about it?" Snart asked.

"Little thing called an instruction manual." Jax said, holding up what I presume to be a future instruction manual.

"Did you read the part about how to fly this thing?" Snart asked, taking a seat. Jax turned to him, confusion written all over his face.

"Maybe," he turned to Mick, who was smiling at him, making me laugh at how dopey he looked. "Why?"

"We're gonna take a little sojourn to Central City. There's a priceless jewel that needs to be freed from captivity." Snart said, smirking like normal.

"You want me to help you steal something?" Jax asked. "Nah, man. I'll pass." Jax said and went back to his mechanic-y stuff.

"Not exactly asking, Jax." Snart said, trying to sound scary, it was obvious. I lightly hit his arm and he looked at me. I glared at him and would've mouthed something if he could see my mouth.