Chapter Thirteen: Rage

"We are going to need to find a safe place to set down, Gideon." Rip shouted as the ship shook and explosions were heard all around us.

"I don't believe there are any safe places, Captain." Gideon said and I groaned, letting my head fall back.

"Are we over London yet?" Stein asked and I reached over to Sara, grabbing her hand.

"Why's London shooting at us?" Jax asked, throwing his hand up in the air.

"It's Savage's forces that are doing the shooting." Rip replied, trying to look at us from over the side of his chair, "Here in 2166, they've subjugated most of the globe."

Before anyone else could say anything else, there was an explosion, causing the ship to jerk.

"I'm gonna be sick." I mumbled.

"Maybe picking up here wasn't the brightest idea." Sara said and I nodded.

"Unfortunately,we no longer have the luxury of blindly searching for Savage throughout history." Stein said and I groaned again, somewhat because I was feeling nauseas and somewhat because what he said annoyed me.

"Indeed; we have to target Savage at the place and time that we're certain he will be, which is-"

"Right before he wastes your family." Mick cut off Rip, sounding bored, and everyone looked at him, "What?"

"Yes, Mr. Rory, Savage will kill my wife and son in three days time, but we can save them and the world by stopping Savage now." Rip said before the ship jerked once again and I groaned, ripping off my mask and leaning over my seat, letting my guts spill out. First time I'd thrown up on this ship.

"Captain, I've managed to slip beneath the artillery fire." Gideon said and I sat back up, wiping my mouth. Rip turned around in his seat.

"Set us down in the outskirts of the city, Gideon, near the encampment of the remaining resistance forces. We are going to need to proceed swiftly." Rip said. I tore off my guard and stood up with a groan, but happy that we were finally on ground.

"I realize your family is in jeopardy, but perhaps some deliberation-"

"We really don't have the time, Martin." Rip cut Stein off with a raised voice and my eyes widened as I walked to the other side of the computer table, where Snart and Mick stood, "According to Gideon, Savage is going to be out in the open tonight, vulnerable. Now, in order to capture him, I require the services of-"

"A killer, sadist, klepto, and pyro?" Mick asked, holding his hands out like he knew he was right, which he was.

"Bingo."

101

We were getting into outfits in the fabrication room, and I was sitting, thinking.

"What's got you so rattled?" I heard as Snart sat next to me. I looked over at him and sighed.

"What if we can't get him? What if this is all for nothing and Rip's family still dies and we become nothing more than nobodies again?" I asked.

"Sounds pretty existential, don't you think?" he asked and I glared, "Relax, you won't be able to do anything if you can't think straight. We'll get him, okay? I'll make sure of it." he said and I smiled.

"Thanks." I said quietly.

"Will you two stop being lovey dovey and get ready already?"

101

"Here we stand at the edge of history. But as tempting as it might be to celebrate our previous victories, it is only for the next and final battle that you will be remembered." Savage spoke as Sara turned to me, Snart, and Mick.