Chapter Fourteen: Alexa

"Savage is still a threat." I mumbled, staring down and out of breath.

"Do you really have to think about that right now?" he asked as he fell down beside me, out of breath as well.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, trying to get the thought out of my brain, "It just... scares me. He's smart, he has millions of years of knowledge. What if he broke out? Then what? We'd all be in harms way and I can't lose-" I stopped myself and looked up at him, "I can't lose to him." I fixed myself before I had a chance to screw up by saying "I can't lose you". I sat up slightly to be on the same level as him, yet he was still slightly higher than me. Snart stared down at me and sighed.

"Can we please not think about him?" he asked, trailing his fingers up my arm. I nodded and laid back down, wanting nothing more than my cares to slip away like I was trying to force them earlier.

101

(A few hours earlier)

I pushed Snart against the wall in my room. I had asked him to come with me, and now that he was here I needed something to get my mind off the fact that Savage still wasn't dead. I immediately pressed my lips to his passionately and felt him smile as he kissed back. He pushed me back and onto the bed, quickly reattaching his lips to mine.

101

"Earth to Cassie." I heard and shook my head.

"We should probably get to the Bridge and find the others." I said, knowing that's not what he wanted to hear the moment I said it. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, but that would include getting up and putting on clothes. Maybe later." he smirked and kissed my neck.

"Later definitely."

101

"Mission... almost accomplished." Mick said after grunting, walking out of Rip's office with a bottle of scotch. Rip turned to face him.

"That bottle of scotch was given to me by Rob Roy MacGregor in 1689." Rip pointed out, clearly not wanting Mick to be drinking it, but he did anyways. Mick downed pretty much the whole bottle in two seconds and grunted again. He reminded me of a bear.

"It's not half bad." he said, handing the bottle to Sara, who was sitting on the floor and leaning against the seat Snart was sitting in, me sitting next to him.

"We should be toasting to Savage's death." Sara said and I reached over Snart, making him tense up slightly as I reached for the bottle, rolling my eyes.

"Apart from celebrating murder, Savage still has Carter brainwashed." Stein said. I snatched the bottle from Sara and sat back down, downing some myself.

"I don't know if you've been paying attention, Professor, but murdering Savage was always the plan." Snart said and I handed him the bottle, nodding.

"Besides, Carter reincarnates, which is more than I can say about us." Mick said as Snart handed Sara back the bottle after taking a sip.

"As long as he's on board and breathing, Savage is a threat to everyone on this ship." Snart said and I huffed a quiet laugh. Now he wanted to think about it.

"So what, we just kill Savage and leave Carter a brainless drone?" Kendra asked.

"Yes." Mick answered as I nodded and Snart pointed at her, indicating the same answer.

The doors opened behind us and I turned in my seat to see Ray and Jax walk in. I waved at them before turning back the right way.

"Sorry we're late, but we found something." Ray said and I raised an eyebrow. I reached back over Snart and grabbed the bottle from Sara again, drinking more.