Chapter Twelve: Past, Present, And Future

Rip, Mick, and Snart were in firemen outfits as we were trying to find Mick's younger self. I, on the other hand, didn't have to wear a fireman outfit. I had on my black hoodie with studded leather vest and ripped skinny jeans with combat boots, and I was wearing my mask, so it would've been hard for me to go undercover. I was scoping the house to find baby Mick.

"This isn't my element." I heard Snart on the comm.s and smiled, rolling my eyes.

"It's mine." Mick said after grunting.

"Just keep a weather eye out for the Pilgrim. Gideon calculates a 97% chance that she will attack your younger self in this exact time and place." Rip said as I walked around the house, making sure not to be seen by the actual firemen.

"Roll it." Mick said. I heard some coughing on the comm.s as I saw Sara and Jax run out of the burning house.

"Young Rory's not in there." Sara said and continued coughing.

"But we found his parents. They're dead." Jax said and I sighed, everything stopped for a second.

101

"I miss my mom and dad." Natasha said to me and I looked down at her.

"Me too." I lied. I never knew my parents, but I felt like if I told her that, it would bring her a sense of belonging. We heard the door slam and stood up as the woman came back.

"Why does this place still look like trash?" she asked and I stepped forward.

"Because we aren't here to do your bidding." I said and she laughed. I felt a sting on my face and cupped my cheek, looking back at her.

"You're here because your parents didn't want you." she said and I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

101

"Atom, Fae, do you two see anything?" Rip asked, bringing me out of my memories. I looked around, seeing a boy sitting down, watching the fire. Behind him was a woman, holding out a gun.

"Got 'em." I said before running and jumping, tackling her to the ground. I felt the need to punch something. I let out a shout as I brought my fists down as hard and fast as I could. She growled and knocked me off of her, standing up. I was about to get her again before Ray appeared and shot her with his laser blast things. I walked up to him, saying a quick thank you before turning to young Mick.

"Come with us if you want to live." Ray and I said at the same time before we turned to each other.

"I'm sorry, did you want to say that? I just saw the opportunity and-"

"It's okay, Fae." He said before I could start rambling and I smiled, turning back to young Mick.

101

"Mr. Rory. How are you feeling?" Stein asked as Mick (our Mick) walked into the bridge. I was sitting on one of the jump seats, thinking about my past and trying to figure out where I was weakest, where the Pilgrim would try to attack me and where I wouldn't be able to fight back.

As a kid, I was always good at fending for myself, even with my terrible foster mom, I could talk back to her and she'd get mad and sure, she'd scare me, but she never made me weak. I knew who made me weak and it made my stomach churn. I knew exactly where the Pilgrim would try to kill me, and it was no where I wanted the team by. Not that it would be too dangerous for them, the fact is it's in my past and I don't want to remember it, and I certainly don't want anyone on the team to know.