I

Growing up in Derry isn't exactly the place you would want to make your childhood memories in

Growing up in Derry isn't exactly the place you would want to make your childhood memories in. On the outside, Derry seemed like a nice town to visit. We held Canal festivals every year and everyone knew everyone in Derry.

But from a person living on the inside. Derry was hell. Well to me it was. Derry is this prison holding all my darkest secrets that I can never seem to escape from. Derry even hid it's own secrets.

Derry held psychotic and dangerous people. And no one cared whether someone was murdered or had even gone missing. Why should they? They're adults, they don't care for about anything.

Derry was notorious for it's high missing count of people. Adults disappear 6 times the national average. And children are even worse. Missing poster signs littered the walls and no one cared. Except for us kids at least.

Sadly, I was a victim of a family member being missing in this shitty town. My younger sister disappeared 2 years ago after telling mom she was going to collect Milk from the shop. She never came home.

I lived without my dad as he and my mom divorced when I was a young age. I watched him cry for days upon end and how his anger rose each day. He held onto whatever they had but it only made him feel worse.

And my mom didn't care all too much for him. She found another man and kicked my dad to the curb. I haven't seen him in 7 years. Afterwards my mom turned to Alcohol with the occasional beating of me and my younger sister, Alice. Her only excuse was she would tell us we look like our dad.

After Alice died, It was daily beating. Her and her snobby boyfriend smoke as much weed as they can get there hands on. And I was the victim of it.

So every since the day my father was kicked out by my mother, I came to the conclusion that love never existed. And if that was love that I had witnessed, I wanted no part of it. I think My biggest fear in life is falling in love with someone and them not loving me back. I won't go through what my dad had been through.

So here I am, Misty Kindle, stuck in the never ending horror of the town called Derry. The girl who lost her sister and dad. The girl with the druggie mom. The girl with only one friend. The girl who had no one to love.

Beverly said I'd find someone. But I wasn't sure I believed her. Bev was my only friend. We became friends after a close encounter with her and the girls who bullied after i threw a rock into one of their eyes. We became inseparable ever since.

I also like to think it's the thought of me and Bev having a shitty family life. Like me, Bev had one parent who was her dad. And Bev never like to talk about it but he abused her. In more ways than one.

I was cut off from my thoughts when I felt a hard flick to the forehead. I shot my head up to look at Bev to see her smiling at me. Her long ginger hair I envied to my stupid brown coloured one. She raised an eyebrow at me.