2

Amanda and I were heading to our first class on Thursday.

"Will you come with me to the party on Friday?" I asked her.

"I don't really go to parties," she told me with a small shrug. Amanda had actually become a rather close friend in the few days that I'd known her. Stacey and her friends found me and hung out with me whenever they could, and they weren't half bad either, despite what Amanda said about them.

"A day for firsts, then," I joked, gently nudging her, "let's go together?"

I wasn't quite sure if there was even a part of her that even wanted to be apart of this kind of a lifestyle, but if there was, I was sure to enable it to her. If Stacey wouldn't be happy with it, she could deal with it herself.

"I don't know," she hesitated, blue eyes kept firmly on the floor as we stood in front of our next class with students walking past us, talking.

"I don't get invited to those types of things often," Amanda continued, "I'm not apart of that crowd, I guess."

"Hey," I gave her a comforting smile, coated with encouragement, "I'm not apart of that crowd either, but Stacey invited us so why not go? Just for fun?"

She looked down at her feet again and shook her head a little, "look, maybe it's best if I don't come. You're pretty and nice and you'd fit in with any kind of crowd. I don't want to hold you back..."

I frowned, feeling bad she'd think in such a way. "You're my friend, Amanda, you're not holding me back from anything," I told her honestly, "but if you really don't want to come, you don't have to."

She gave me a grateful smile and nod, "I'll think about it and tell you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay," I nodded, returning her smile.

Suddenly, someone bumped into my back causing me to stumble a little forwards and into Amanda.

"What the–" I furrowed my brows at Amanda's shocked expression before turning around to look at who'd bumped into me.

"Fuck you, El," the person laughed, before turning around to look at me. His smile faded when he saw me and he cleared his throat.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry," he then spoke, scratching the back of his neck.

I noticed a football in his one hand before looking over his shoulder to see another good looking guy, clearly amused. How cliché. They must've been throwing the football and he'd bumped into me while trying to catch it.

"It's fine," I mumbled, just about to turn back around to face Amanda until he quickly stopped me.

"I'm Liam Styles," the guy spoke, straightening up a bit, "you're the hot new girl, right?"

I raised my brows. Was that what they called me? Definitely didn't make me feel objectified...note the sarcasm.

"Excuse me?"

"Fuck— I can't believe I just said that," he chuckled to himself, "at least now if someone's talking about a hot new girl you'll know it's you..."

"I guess so," I laughed uncomfortably, "thanks?"

"What's your name?" Liam then asked, running a hand through his hair. He was very good looking, as was his friend. The friend was Elijah; the guy Stacey was dating, I suppose.

"Bambi Woods," I introduced myself.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he winked. And he definitely was a fuckboy. I gave him a small and slightly awkward smile.

"You're friends with Stace, right? She's invited you to Elijah's tomorrow?" Liam then grinned.

"Yes, she has. Are you going as well?"

"He wouldn't miss my party for the world," Elijah had now stepped up to Liam, throwing an arm over his shoulders in a brotherly manner.

"I'm Elijah, pleasure to meet you," he added a smirk.

"Nice to meet you, Elijah. I'm Bambi," I gave him a smile, "you're with Stacey, right?"

"Well," he chuckled, "that's what she says. It's not that serious, though."

He and Liam laughed.

"Ah," I nodded, "okay..." Mentally, I rolled my eyes; I had had my fair share of fuckboys and their little games.

"You got someone, Bambi?" Liam questioned, bouncing the football between his hands.

"Like a boyfriend?" I raised my brows and chuckled a little as both guys nodded, eyes trained on me.

"Nope," I shrugged simply.

"Jack will love you, dear," Liam still grinned widely, while Elijah let out a chuckle.

"Jack?" I furrowed my brows, "who's he, then?"

"Our best friend," it was now Elijah's turn to talk, discreetly glancing at Amanda next to me, "he's a cool guy, we'll introduce you at the party. He's the best dealer around."

"Alright," I nodded, also glancing back at Amanda who seemed a little left out, "you guys know Amanda, right?"

I asked, gently making Amanda join our circle.

"Amanda? I've seen you around," Elijah gave her a small and almost knowing smile, along with a nod of his head. She blushed furiously. Liam gave me a playful roll of his eyes at Elijah and Amanda. I just giggled.

"Are you coming on Friday, as well?" Elijah asked Amanda, gently.

"I-It's your party," she said, giving him a tiny smile, "am I invited?"

"Sure you are," he nodded, seeming way less fuckboy-ish now, that he was talking to Amanda.

"We'll see you tomorrow evening then, we gotta get to class," Liam then gave me a smirk, "wear something tight, yeah?"

I rolled my eyes at him with a chuckle, as the two boys turned around and with a wink. We watched them walk away with all the girls in the hallway pining after them and guys coming to bro-hug them to keep in the in-crowd.

"I can't believe that just happened," Amanda grinned, making me let out a laugh.

I had a feeling there was something she wasn't telling me, something that she was hiding, that would surely add to the reasons of why Stacey didn't care much for her and why she was hesitant on coming to the party.

"They seemed cool", I told her, quickly glancing down to make sure I had put on clothes this morning since I was beginning to feel uncomfortable with everyone just staring at me.

"How are you friends with Stacey and her friends on your first week?" She groaned, and I laughed again.

"Oh shush. Let's get into class."