3

At school on Friday, Stacey and I had agreed to go together to Elijah's party where we'd meet Stephanie, Olivia, Sam and Amanda.

I had come to notice even more, that Stacey really did despise Amanda, for a reason I wasn't yet aware of. Maybe it was jealousy, or the feeling of being threatened?

I had just finished getting ready, in black high waisted skinny jeans and a white crop top. My dark hair was curled into loose curls, and I had on a bit of makeup.

I was wearing high heels as I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen. My parents were both on business trips, so I was alone at home. They were often away these days, since they trusted me to be able to manage by myself.

I texted Stacey that I was ready and she replied with a 'be there in 5!!xxx'

I grabbed a small purse into which I put my phone and keys, before leaving my house and walking over to the sidewalk to wait for her.

After five minutes, an amusingly bright pink car pulled up, and it was none other than Stacey's car. I got into the passenger's seat while she squealed excitedly.

"You look so hot, Bamb!" She gave me a wide smile. She was wearing white shorts and a frilly top.

"Thanks, you do too," I replied, as she started the car, "your car is so cute".

"I got it for my birthday present a few months ago," she told me, sending me a wink, "daddy spoils me!"

"You're so lucky, I wish I had a car," I sighed, holding back a laugh at her use of the word 'daddy' while my eyes focused on the dark road ahead once she began driving.

"We should go on a road trip sometime to Vegas," she suggested randomly, "I could drive us and we could find guys for the week".

I laughed, "that sounds like a good plan."

She gave me a smile and put on the radio. We sang along to random pop music until we arrived at the house party.

"Ready?" She asked as we got out of the car.

"Not really, but let's go," I shrugged while she just laughed. Stacey hooked her arm with mine, and together, we walked towards the house party which was already in full swing.

Music was blasting and drunk people were dancing and stumbling around; inside and outside, letting loose and taking advantage of the availability of the free house.

"This place is packed," I found myself smiling, "this is gonna be so fun."

"Elijah's parties are the best, babe! A little birdie told me you've already met him and Liam," she gave me a teasing grin.

"Liam quite literally bumped into me, and we talked a bit," I told her as we stepped inside. I raised my voice towards the end so she could hear me over the loud bass of the music.

"Stacey!" A high pitched yell came from the large stairs as a blond girl - with the shortest black dress in the world - squeezed through the large mass of people and made her way up to us.

I heard Stacey sigh next to me, before she put on a bright smile, "hey Roxy!"

People were glancing at us, probably because Stacey seemed to be very well known and maybe even a little feared since she wasn't always the kindest. The short time that I had known her, the way she was seemed very much determined by her own insecurities. I was interested to find out more about why she was mean to certain people, especially Amanda, and was likely to act in a way that made her feel superior.

"How are you?" They hugged.

"I'm great. Do you know where Elijah is?" Stacey asked. Roxy seemed very tipsy.