Love Worth Waiting For - Short Story

A/N; This short story focuses on Jack and Morgan. Jack is the head of the council who has been mentioned in most, if not all, fantasy stories like You're a what, Falling for my Fear and Protect my Heart. He has the biggest part in the St Marcs story.

Morgan is a dream walker, Jack is the oldest and most respected. It occurs at the same time through this story, it also has a direct link to Protect My heart 3; My mate as Max and Jack deal with the same loss.

Hope you enjoy.  Jack is Jason Lewis- the looks wise.

"Diane is he in there?" I asked her, she looked up at me and smiled. She's been working here for what 10 years, and has been like a mother figure to me.  Her hair a fading brown, her eyes holding wisdom and love. She was older than most of the receptionist here and knew all about the supernatural. She didn't care what you were, how powerful you were, rudeness would not be taken. I find her to be one of the most amazing, down to earth females.

"Yeah sweetie, he's in the office." She said, waving me in. I smile my thanks, but noticed blonde bimbo Jessica glaring at me. She's been working here for a year and a bit and she still hasn't figured a way in Jack's pants. However, which she believes I have, this thought has caused her to hate me in that female way. Men never seem to have this problem. I haven't slept with Jack though. Jack is my boss, well he is everyone's. He has been seen I've been 21 years old, and for the last four years I have been in love with him. Everyone says that he loves me too as I get treated differently from them but I do not think he does. We're close friends, he does ask my opinion on certain matters but it didn't mean he always too them in contact. Dianne, who encouraged Jack and I romantically, believes that although he may not take my opinion to the full extent, he suits the action to whatever the issue is for both of us. But oh well, at the moment I'm alright with dropping hints about my attraction to him. It's funny watching him try and let me down lightly. It's wrong I know but it's oh so funny.

I knock lightly on his door, and entered.  He was on the phone to someone. "Yes I understand." He said into the phone. I walked straight in lay down on the couch that was near some of the windows. Half the room is covered in windows, the windows were the wall. Jack loved it though, he commented many times how much he enjoyed staring out the windows. Jack was a gorgeous man. 

"Mmhmm." Jack replied, I must explain what he looks like. He has blonde hair that is cut short; he has very light blue eyes, and is muscled but not overly, he has light stubble which somehow didn't make him look homeless. It suited him. And my god, He is so attractive in a suit. Just thinking about it, is mouth. "Okay, thanks bye." Jack said again, then I heard the phone being put down. 

"Who was that?" I ask him, while getting comfortable on the couch. I was in a suit jacket, white shirt and a skirt, so I had to be careful how I sat. It never seemed to bother him that I always made myself at home in his office.

"Christian." He replied. "Riley is on a plane right, it would seem that Cora is involved so Dante has gone with her." My mouth dropped opened, shock hitting me at what he said. Although I never met Cora, Jack and the other St Marcs has told me all about her. She was a revengeful, vindictive woman that was horrible. She caused Dante to pull away from his brothers, he blames himself for the fire that Gabriel got caught in. He managed to get them both out but Dante and Gabriel both have their scars, emotional and physical.

"No way! God...Poor Riley and Dante." Knowing that Riley only takes so much bull, and Dante was use to getting everything he wanted not in a rude. All the St Marc Brothers are but that is probably because of their title; they are the Royal family of vampires. "I hope they get Cora, and find out who killed Jake." I said with sadness, Jake was one of the loveliest men I have ever met. I cant believe he is dead, Riley has not only lost her brother but her best friend. The truth needed to be found.