In the beginning

After the long hours of labor of extreme amounts of pain and screaming I had finally given birth to a beautiful baby boy. I named him, Talon, a name worthy of a boy born into a great linage, it symbolized the power and regal characteristics of an eagle. Characteristics that I hope that he would develop as he grew up. I was so tired from the birthing pains and strength that followed with it. My eyes were so tired that as soon as they closed I had fallen into a well-deserved sleep. But, the further I travelled into my dream it had suddenly, turned into a nightmare or rather a nightmare. In my vision I saw, Gwen, my husband Author's mistress quietly enter my bedroom with a dagger in hand with murder on her mind. She was like a sly fox as she walked over to Talon's crib and with a hand raised above his crib. Gwen, was going to kill him she was going to kill my son. It was like slow motion as the young servant girl's dagger fell towards the innocent child I was brought back into reality. Sweat was covering every inch of body and my heart was like a raging storm beating hard against my chest. I sat up from my bed, bringing my knees close to my chest and resting my head against the bed's backboard.

Hot tears rolled down my face so much so that I cried till the early morning hours. This vision was a clear warning that I had to make a drastic decision right here, right now. A choice that would either lead me down the path of misery to slowly watch my husband slip right through my fingers or run away with son to a place where I knew he would be safe. I chose to run away to a place that directly came from the good part of my past. I jumped out of my bed and walked over to my son's cradle and knelt down to look at the little golden child that laid there asleep. As I gazed at him for a few minutes his notable little features where like mine but, his eyes were like his father's bluish gray. It was something that would not go unnoticed if, you were to stay at him too long. You could tell that he was Arthur Pendragon's son and no one else's son. Running away had meant that a great lie had to come to fruition in order to deceive anyone who met him. I had hoped that as he grew into strong young man that he would not bear his father's personality nor would he mature into looking at his father. I loved, Arthur, but he had broken me without even knowing it.

Arthur, of course, loved the person that I was considering that his father hated everything born of magic. That included me but, like any man in love he fought to convince, Uther, to make me his wife. Of course, this made my love towards him grow even more and more as that little gold ring wrapped itself around my finger. Officially, making me his wife and the future ruler of Camelot. But, as the years passed by his loved waned and moved on to another. As his wife, my heart broke into a million pieces, but as a crown princess, I couldn't express such things. Saving face I pretended not to hear or see his indiscretions all out of the false hope that he would return to me. I was foolish to think that by having his son he would come back to me and be the husband he was before, Gwen.

But, as I looked at my little boy those false hopes was quickly dashed and replaced with determination. I quickly got up and started to gather at least a three days' worth of clothing for myself and Talon along with a bag of gold into a messenger bag. I dressed in my old ranger attire with a dagger strapped to my hip just in case that we would have the misfortune of getting into trouble. As I finished the last thing to do was to carefully lift, Talon, out his crib and carry him quietly down the empty stone walls of the castle to the courtyard and silently cross it to the stables.

Once, I walked into the stables the soft sounds of the many sleeping horses housed them reached my ears. I was careful to walk down the dirt covered floor without upsetting or waking up the other horses. An event that I didn't want to happen because it would reveal what I was doing. It wasn't long until, the familiar white coat of the horse, Kora, came into view. She was such a clever strong horse that she had woken up from her straw covered stall and stuck her head out to greet me. I petted her head and kissed her nose.