Facing my fears

Allora POV
                 The energy that was emanating from, Thranduil, was flooding the throne room. As he watched, the King of Camelot, stand below him in fear. Many men and women before, Arthur's arrival stood and cowered in fear at the scrutiny of the icy cold eyes of their king looked down at them from his throne. But, this time around was different much different compared to others this very meeting or rather confrontation between my past and future collided. The love of my life and husband towered greatly above the cheater that stood in front of me. I was half-heartily happy to see, Arthur, bow his head in respect to whose land he stood upon. However, his thoughts as the dead silence mixed with the amount of masculine power hung in the air. Arthur. Surprisingly was begging me in his mind for mercy for not only him but his men also. I ignored them of course, but the one person amongst them was worth listening to and that was no other than, my protégé, Merlin.

         Merlin was a good student during the time I've spent in Camelot. I knew from the very beginning that the lanky boy would achieve great things in both magic and in his day-to-day life. Looking at him stand beside his friend and king in clothes of an advisor and not a servant boy impressed me of how far he has come. He was dressed in robes of red and purple accompanied the golden necklace of a royal advisor hanging around his neck. As for his physical appearance his black hair long with streaks of grey to accompany his already greying beard. It made him look older, but what can one expect when one is immortal and the other a mortal with magic. My train of thought was broken as Thranduil's regal voice broke the silence.

"You are Arthur Pendragon King of Camelot and the son of Uther Pendragon. Correct?" said Thranduil.
"Yes, your majesty. I am the one and only ruler of Camelot."
"I am Thranduil Oropherion, king of the Woodland Realm and Mirkwood. And this is my Queen, Queen Allora, and Lady of Black fire." I smiled a little when he called me 'his' queen. It was the form of endearment that I have yet, to get used to because each time he said that my heart began to beat a little bit faster. Especially, when he called me, 'sweetheart' or 'My love'.

"It is an honor to meet the King and Queen of such a beautiful kingdom, your majesty. Even though we are both kings I humbly ask for mercy in your judgment." He said respectfully. Arthur bowed his head as a sign of humbling himself before, my husband.

"Even though you and I are of the same title. The power you hold over the border has no meaning here neither the lands nor the kingdoms surrounding mine. However, it goes without saying that the man you succeeded from, Uther Pendragon, his reputation goes without notice", Thranduil rose from his throne and began to descend down the small staircase with his head held high and holding his attention on the mortal king with hidden fury, "Killing countless men, women, and children on the grounds of who they are is a crime. Burning down entire villages without mercy. And committing the most horrid crime in all of Middle Earth, burning your fellow man alive. There is no question of how heavy of responsibility and reputation you have inherited, Master Pendragon. And it is with this reputation that you stand before, me with your life in my hands."

"And what of your queen's?"

Thranduil was much taller than, Arthur. A comparison that I could make easily since he was standing directly in front of him. His calm demeanor didn't break when Arthur's attention had turned to me, but his mind was what said it all. Thranduil was angry that Arthur dared to speak about his wife. The image of my husband decapitating Arthur's head cleanly off his shoulders came to mind. I internally laughed at the thought as the two men in front of me quarreled.

"My wife is none your concern," he said sternly. Thranduil's arms were carefully placed behind him as he began to pace back and forth. In the short time, we've been married seeing him like this was a tell-tale sign he was angry, jealous, and most justifiably protective about my wellbeing. I was worried that Thranduil, would do something that he would regret. The thoughts that are floating in his mind were the night that we first spent together when agreed to free ourselves from the walls we had put up. Walls that we both put up to protect ourselves from the hurt that metaphorically slain us into the people we are today. For him, it was the loss of his first wife, Legolas' mother and for me, it was the ultimate betrayal of the man who stood before, us.