Hello Gwen

20 years later...

Talon POV

                   Mother had told me long ago that I will age but, I'll still have the same look as I did at 20 years of age. She said that even though I am half immortal, I still had the same abilities did because she believed that the supernatural side of me is stronger. She was right whenever I woke up in the morning and looked at myself in the mirror. I still had the youthful looking face of a 20-year-old, crystal blue eyes, and long blonde hair. A seeming less appearance compared to my brother we looked like real brothers and not step brothers. For the past 20 years, I've lived in the elfin world that I have become accustomed to thinking that I was one of them even though my ears weren't like theirs. The only thing that was elf-like is my hair, clothing and my physical skills. My whole world these past 20 years was filled with the three best things that I loved: My family, patrolling the forest, and my kingdom. Memories within these walls were filled with good things, good happy things that overcame the bad. All of it.

             A symbol of that happiness is my 38th birthday today. It was a natural coming event when a kingdom-wide birthday party was being thrown here in the palace. And many other places within the kingdom. I couldn't go anywhere freely without someone greeting me with salutations. Fine elfish wine and food were drunk and eaten in every home including mine accept much grander because of our royal status. But, as we were eating the last dishes of our meal in peace when the loud sound of the warning bell echoed everywhere in the palace walls. Me. Legolas and father had the natural reaction of standing up immediately from our chairs. As for my mother, she was still drinking her wine with one hand, but her other hand was holding the dinner knife like a dagger. The only time that bell rung was when an enemy was near the edges of the Mirkwood border or near the palace walls. Both situations that could be happening right now.

"Legolas, gather the soldiers to the palace entrance and other entrances that are the most vulnerable attack. I don't want whatever is attacking us right now entering these walls. Talon, go to the watchtower and report to back to us swiftly." My father ordered.
"Yes, your Majesty." we said in unison.

            We bowed to both of our parents and left the dining room quickly to follow our orders. However, there were many questions in our minds to what was happening to us right now. Who was attacking us right now? And Why? We had no quarrels with the surrounding kingdoms nor have we broken any treaties. Things before, this was peaceful and fair amongst all kingdoms. So, you could imagine the unsolvable mystery as to who was at our borders was baffling all of us until I get to that watchtower.

               The both of us ran into the armory along with soldiers who were scrambling to prepare for an attack. Legolas and I armed ourselves with our bows and arrows and long knives strapped to our backs. And a sword on my waist just in case. Soon after, we armed ourselves, we went our separate ways. Legolas with gathering the soldiers and as for me I ran quickly to the top of the watchtower. I pulled out an arrow from it holder and placed it in my bow, holding the arrow firmly between my two fingers as I pulled it back past my ear. If, there is an oncoming battle I want to be the first to fire my arrow into someone's skull. My breathing slowed as I prepared to fire my arrow and my eyes narrowed to see the small troop of unknown origin galloped towards the forest edge. As they rode closer their banners became clearer as to who they were. The familiar golden dragon dancing against the red background of their flag rose above them as it flutters in the wind. This unknown soldiers riding towards us right at this moment bared the flag of Camelot. A sight that I never thought to see in the twenty years since my real father was banished. I eased the tension in my quiver and quickly placed the arrow in the holster.