Part 2

You could see Dark cringing at as he spoke the name, which told you that whoever this Abraxas character was, he was not good. “Now, much like me, Abraxas was an archdemon, and a fire demon much like myself, but he was older, smarter, more cunning. When I look back on it now I simply want to kick myself for not realizing his intentions with me sooner.” Dark sighed, looking at the ground trying to hide the fact that he looked like he was about to cry. I tear slipped from his eye as he was glaring at his shoes leaving a small, circular mark on the black leather. “But I… I loved him.” The demon crossed his arms tightly over his chest, and gasped quietly covering his mouth as he stood in place, trying his best to control his emotions. “A-and I thought he loved me.” Dark's thumb moved slowly under his eyes trying to wick away his tears, but he was struggling. “He manipulated me into thinking I was something, someone special. That what I did mattered. When in reality, I was nothing, but a puppet.” Dark opened his mouth to speak more, but decided against it and instead moved to sit down in a nearby chair, crossing his legs and dropping his head into his hands. The demon dragged his palms down his face in a forced attempt to quell his tears. “Ah I’m sorry for that.” He apologized, and took in a breath. “I remember the first time.” He spoke quietly. “The very first, crack.” Dark slowly raised his hand and touched his shoulder, wincing as if the event had happened only yesterday. “I went out without him, I was bored at home and at the time I had just started my soul collection. Like with anything, new hobbies, obsessions, when you first start out, that’s all you want to do. I was sick of waiting around so I left myself.” He explained, his fingers carding through the soft black plume on his head. “I made a few deals, collected my half of the trade, and I remember, coming home and he was there. Waiting for me. I remember I was so confused as to why he was so angry. That should have been my first sign, but I ignored it.”