Part 3

“I came home happy, excited to show off what I had done and the next thing I knew I was knocked back into the wall. The force cracked my skin on my shoulder.” He bit his lip meeting your eyes for a moment before continuing. “If you know anything about me, you know that I have the ability to heal, myself and others, so naturally my first thought was, heal yourself! So I did, but I was so shaken up I barely was paying attention to what I was doing and instead of mending the cracks, I fixed them in place.” Dark rubbed his shoulder slowly, feeling a sudden sense of appreciation for the smooth human like skin he had now. “But from that point on… things only got worse for me, Abraxas liked to use my energy to fuel his abilities. It was rare for an archdemon to find another and now that he had a young power reserve at his side, and the fact that I let him in so easily was nothing but a horror show.” Dark sniffed. “Now I know what you’re thinking, ‘Dark you’re a demon isn’t killing a basic part of what you do?’ And the answer to that, at that time was yes… but with rules.” He continued, pulling at his suit jacket to straighten it, using fixing his clothing as a sort of calming mechanism. “Abraxas didn’t want to follow the rules, he was greedy, and he was using me for his desires. Having my power as well allowed him to basically overload the normal systems of ‘fair trades’.” Dark crossed his arms loosely over his chest, looking off to the side. “You see with demons… or any being that has the ability to take a soul, there has to be a willingness of the person having their soul removed for the demon to keep it. I can take anyone of your souls, but in a few days time, it will escape me and return to the original owner.” He smoothed his tongue over his teeth, glancing at the ground. “Quite frustrating really. There's one I'd love to just keep for my collection.” The demon cleared his throat returning to his original story. “As bad as Abraxas was, he didn't always seem to be that way. I do remember good things about him.”