The Party

Each day of the week felt like an eternity. But finally, although it felt like years since monday morning, which was the last time that I had really talked to Shawn other than a simple "hi" when I passed him in the hallways, friday came. By this time I had convinced myself that I was stupid to even think I had any chance with Shawn Mendes. He was just a nice guy, anyone would have bought me those muffins, and him walking me to class was just because we had talked the day before. I knew that I had to stop thinking about him, but when I fall for a boy, I fall hard for him.
I showed up at Kristen's around five o'clock to find her in a state of panic.
"Oh my god I have nothing to wear and my hair is a mess and I have a huge zit on my chin and oh my god there is no time..." She rambled, running around her huge room. Kristen is loaded, and everyone knows it except her. She's the kind of person that has no idea what's going on ever.
"Come on Kris," I said following her into her large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, "you have that brand new light pink shirt that would look awesome with my white high wasted shorts. And seriously when has your hair not looked good."
She just rolled her eyes at me and positioned herself in front of the mirror beginning to apply eyeliner. I walked back into her room and began to examine her extensive wardrobe. I picked a maroon cropped sweater with a wide neckline revealing my left shoulder, along with a pair of ripped high wasted jean shorts. I teased my hair and put it up in a high messy ponytail, leaving some strands hanging around my face. When Julie and Lauryn arrived, I had them help me with my makeup because they are both basically pros. Around seven the guys pulled up in Tom's white SUV, and we went downstairs to meet them. We got into the car, Kristen and Lauren squeezing into the back and me and Jul double buckling in the front seat.
"You guys look hot," Evan said, jokingly putting his arm around Lauryn.
"Shut up, loser," she replied, pushing his face back with her hand.
Lauryn Drapes is beautiful, she has long dark brown hair and stunning hazel eyes. Every boy has a crush on her, but she is so hard to get. I can only really name one boy that has ever really been able to win her, and his name was Chris Doner, a senior last year and previous captain of both the football and lacrosse teams. Since he broke her heart by cheating on her with a senior cheerleader, I haven't seen her like a boy. Julie McMullen is the most well liked girl I know. She is extremely nice with an incredibly positive attitude, not to mention she is super pretty having perfect dirty blong hair and the cutest dimple in one cheek. In addition to that, she gets great grades and is probably the most athletic girl in our grade. All in all, the standards of my best friends are hard to live up to.

************************

"Want another beer? I'm gonna go get one for myself," Julie asked holding our her hand for my cup. The party was in full swing, loud music, people everywhere in Justin Baccio's huge house. There had been no sign of Shawn even though it was almost nine.
"Yeah, sure," I replied, handing her my empty cup.
I hadn't seen Kristen since about ten minutes into the party; she was probably somewhere making out with Wes. Lauryn and Evan had been flirting since the car ride here, and the more alcohal put into their systems the touchier they became.
"Clare!" I heard a boy yell from behind me. I spun around, hoping, expecting to see Shawn standing in front of me. Instead, an extremely intoxicated Tom came stumbling towards me. "Your so hot, Clare."
"Tom what are you doing," I said backing away from him towards the sliding door that led to a huge deck and outdoor pool.
"Come here Clare, your so beautiful come here."
"No, Tom. Stop it. Get away from me." I tried to step out of his way but he grabbed my arm as I moved outside. He swept me around so my back was pressed against his chest. He began to kiss my neck from behind me, then pressed my up against the side of my house, kissing me as I tried to break away. He slid his hand up the front of my shirt pressing me harder into the wall with his entire body. I grabbed his arm with my free hand, tears streaming down my face.
"Clare, is that you?" I hear suddenly as a figure approaches us, sensing my struggle. "Get the fuck off of her!" the figure exclaims running towards us now. As he gets within a few feet of us I see that it is Shawn, and he doesn't hesitate to pull Tom away from me and down to the ground, and giving him a solid punch in the jaw. Tom, too drunk to function, after he attempts to throw a punch back but doesn't get anywhere near Shawn, gives up and just lies on the ground. Shawn then turns to me, pulls me in for a hug, cradling my head with one hand on my back and a sob into his chest. He puts his arm around me and brings me to a side door on the house and up a back staircase. We veer right into a large bedroom and strait into the bathroom. He helps me up onto the counter and takes off my shoes for me, which are coated in mud from the outside, and hands me a dixie cup filled with water.
"I'm sorry," i mutter, the only thing I can think of saying.
"What could you possibly be sorry for?" he replies, cleaning the dirt off of my shoes vans in the sink.
"I don't know, I'm just sorry," I respond in almost a wisper. He looks me in the eye and moves the strands of hair falling in my face and tucks them behind my ear.
"You shouldn't be sorry, Clare. Tom's a jackass, its not your fault."
I sigh, "Thank you, I don't know what I would have done if you didn't find us."
He just looked up at me with a serious face, and I had never seen such beautiful eyes in my life.

<Shawn's POV>

I stood in the bathroom, helping Clare put her shoes back on. God did she look amazing tonight, even though there was some mascara dripped down her face, she looked perfect. When I walked into the party over an hour late because I had to stop at my younger sister's performance, the first thing I did was look for Clare. I found her with this Tom kid as he took drunkenly took advantage of her. What an asshole. I had never really liked him all that much ever since we played lacrosse together our freshamn year.
I took a tissue and wet it in the sink as a began to help clean up the mascara decorating Clare's cheek. We held eye contact as I cleared the black marks from her skin, and I noticed how blue her eyes truely were. I almost didn't believe that they were really her natural color, with their vibrance.
"Perfect," I said as I wiped the last part clean. "You look perfect."
I saw her cheeks fill with color as she looked down for a second and then back up at me. With our closeness, I could see the light freckles that sat perfectly on her nose, and I was shocked I had never noticed them before. Since the seventh grade, when I first moved to Winston and saw Clare three seats away from me in my math class, I had been studying her face. The new feature brought me both surprise and excitement, adding another things to the list of beautiful things about Clare Hopewell.
"You don't look too bad yourself," she said with a smile. Oh my god her smile. I could watch her smile for hours upon hours and it would never lose its beauty. I didn't know what else to do other than simply smile back at her. Shit she made me so nervous and excited at the same time. She looked at my lips and I looked back at hers. I leaned in and our lips met while a chill ran through my body. I leaned against the couter resting my hands on her back. While she locked her fingers behind my neck. As we moved closer together and our kiss became deeper I slid my hands beneath of her and she wrapped her legs around me as i picked her up. I walked back into the bedroom and placed her gently on the bed, climbing ontop of her. We lied there, our mouths moving together as one, her warmth filling my body with happiness. I had waited for this moment since I was thirteen years old. I slid my hand up her back and eased her shirt over her head. I moved my hand beneath her bra as she kissed me passionately. I wanted to take this moment and live it forever, but I knew that the night could not last forever. Slowly, she pulled away from me, looking me deeply in the eyes.
"Wow," I said quietly.
She took a deep breath, still staring at me deeply.
"What are you doing?" I asked her, begging for her to say something.
"Just looking at you," she said quietly studying my face. "What's your middle name?"
I was surprised by the question, "Peter," I answered.
She just continued to look at me, almost as if she was memorizing each of my features.
"Shawn Peter Mendes," she said, almost as if she was trying it out, "Okay."
"Shawn Peter Mendes," I repeated.

_________________________

Hey guys sorry this is weirdly long I just started writing and couldn't stop!!
Hope you like it I know its weird I'm so sorry

xox,
Becs