two

ten hours ago;

She stood in an empty room by herself in a pure white wedding gown. She looked at herself in the full length mirror and asked herself again, am I really going to do this? Am I really going to marry someone I don't love? Someone I don't know? Yes. Yes, I am. For my parents to be free of their debt and for Jungkook. For my son. She closed her eyes and thought of how Jungkook would want to graduate and go to a good university. She thought about the kind of life he'd have if their family wasn't buried in debt. He'd have friends and he won't be ashamed of his family. She thought about her son and how he'd have a bright future if she remarries.

She was once married to a man who she thought was the love of her life. He is the son of his father's business partner. They used to own a company with them, however, his father's partner, the father of her son, tricked his father into a fake business deal that resulted to their family losing all their money and being buried in debt. The bank took everything they owned; their cars, their home, their furnitures — everything.

She graduated at the top of her class before this all happened but with her family's reputation now, no company wanted to take her. Even with excellent credentials, she still cannot get past the reputation her family holds now. The whole tragedy made his father look like a traitor who used all the company's money in gambling but that wasn't the truth. The truth was, his business partner, deceived him and worked up a plan to send her father under.

Her father committed suicide and left them a note of apology, leaving their family to suffer the backlash from the employees. They were forced to live dirt poor. It's just not enough. Now her mother found a way for them to be pulled out from the pit of hell. All she has to do is say two simple words— I do, then everything will be fine but is she ready for this?

She asked herself again as she faced her greatest opponent, herself. "Can I do this?" She whispered in the empty room, her heart filled with uncertainty.

Her gripped tightened around the bouquet of roses in her hands. She couldn't seem to convince herself that this is the right choice. She hated herself for being in this situation but it's too late to back out. In just twenty minutes, she will walk down that aisle and face the man who she's going to spend the rest of her life with. A man who liked her sincerely. A man who is twice her age and is old enough to be her father. The vision of her future sent chills down her spine. Her body jolted and she shot her eyes open when someone busted into the silent room. Her eyes focused on the figure by the doorway, studying his tormented face.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?" She asked her younger brother. "The wedding will start in a few minutes—"

"Run." Jungkook spoke as his glare pierced through her. He walked towards her and grabbed her by the shoulders. "Runaway. Run now! I know you don't want to marry that old geezer. Just go."

"Jungkook, I.. I can't. What about Noah?" Her gaze fell on the floor and he started to grip painfully at her shoulders.

"I know you don't want to marry him. Don't think about me or mom, just runaway with Noah. He's with Jimin. He's safe." Jungkook talked her into the idea of running away and suddenly that was all she wanted to do. He shook her shoulders, making her look up at his face again, "Do you understand? Run and don't come back again."

"What about you?" Her eyes softened at the thought of leaving her only family. "And mom? She's going to hate me."

"She won't." Jungkook gave you a small smile as he squeezed on your hand. "She's pained enough as it is when she forced you to marry a guy you barely know. She won't hate you. I won't hate you so just runaway. We'll be fine. I will protect mom."