eight

hera;

Noah and I are still in the process of adapting to our new life. It wasn't that much. In fact, it's pretty boring being always cooped up inside the house. I don't have a job since the contract did not allow me to. My everyday routine is taking care of Noah and the house, which is not a lot of work because Namjoon hired helpers to do all the hard chores. The helpers don't live here though so once they are gone, the house becomes practically empty again with only Noah and I. Namjoon doesn't really stay at home often. I don't know his whereabouts and he doesn't make an effort to notify me when he's coming home or not but I don't mind. This is all part of the agreement.

Today, Namjoon came home. I was watching the TV with Noah when he entered the living room to say hi to me. At least he doesn't ignore me. "Do you have any plans tomorrow evening?"

"Not really." I answered him. Noah is still unfamiliar with Namjoon so he hides behind my back whenever Namjoon is around.

Namjoon noticed this and said, "He's a shy one, isn't he?"

"He gets really shy around new people." I said with a smile and then told Noah it's okay but he insisted to hide himself.

"Anyway," Namjoon continued, propping his hands on the back of the couch. "There's this dinner with my family. I already told them about you so I think we should go together.. to introduce you formally."

"Oh." Was all the came from my lips. Meeting his family is part of this agreement so it's only right to go with him. "I'm fine going but I don't have any clothes for that occasion."

"Don't worry about it." Namjoon said as he reached for his back pocket and took out a card from his wallet, giving it to me. "You can buy yourself something nice with this. Don't worry about the price. You can buy whatever you want."

"Thank you." I took the card from his hand even though I was reluctant. I looked up at him, "Can I bring Noah?"

"I think it's best not to." Namjoon replied, tucking his wallet back in his back pocket. "I told them about Noah and my parents are not exactly warm to the fact that you have a child. Sorry."

"It's okay. I can ask Jimin to look after him tomorrow night." He nodded at my reply and excused himself before going upstairs to his room where he spends most of his time in when he's home. We've been living under the same roof but barely see each other.

💍

"Mommy, I don't want to sleep.." Noah lifted his head up from the pillow. It's already midnight and he's still not sleeping.

"Baby, it's way past your bed time. Just close your eyes, okay?" I said and spooned him, running my fingers through his hair to relax him.

He stayed quiet for awhile but he keeps on shifting, "I'm hungry, mommy." Noah looks up at me.

"Okay, wait here. I'll go make you a sandwich." I tell him and then got up from our bed to go down to the kitchen. I switched the lights on and opened the cupboards to look for peanut butter. Noah loves peanut butter.

"You're still up?" I turned around when I heard Namjoon's voice from behind. My eyes fell on his sweaty form; bare arms and broad shoulders. All of a sudden, I felt conscious of my body so I pulled my robe close to cover my night dress.