six

jimin;

"Chimmmmyyy!!" Noah squiggled himself off sofa the and immediately ran towards the front door when he saw me coming in.

"Noah! Yes, chimmy is home." I hugged Noah's small body and brought him up on my arms when I stood up. "How's my favorite cat? I mean boy?"

Noah giggled and asked to be put down. I gently placed his feet on the floor and let him run off again in front of the TV to watch Dibo. Then I went to look around for my best friend and found her standing near the kitchen counter, blankly staring into thin air with her phone in her hand.

I walked towards her and stood there, staring at what she was staring at, "Is there an invisible TV in my kitchen? Or are you just being the overly dramatic bitch that you are?"

Still no reply. This bitch thinks she's a good actress. I then pulled a strand of her hair, "You don't ignore a beautiful person like me."

Hera was startled by me and hit my arm for scaring her, making me laugh out loud. "What's up? Why were you spacing out like that? Are communicating telepathically with aliens from across the universe?" I added, still teasing her.

"You'll never believe who I just talked to on the phone.." Hera's eyes are wide open and she sounded really surprised.

"The aliens?" I asked as I turned to the fridge and got myself a glass of water.

"Remember that guy I told you about when I ranaway from the wedding?" She turned to face me and I nodded because I was busy looking for food. "He called me just now and asked me to marry him."

"What?" I whipped my head towards her and studied her expression, "Are you serious? Is HE serious?" I added, "or maybe you're pranking me."

"I'm not pranking you. He really did say that." She insisted then went to show me the call history. "He offered me marriage in exchange for money. He said he can clear my family's debt."

"Isn't that the same reason why you were going to marry that old prune?" I told her just to make sense out of the situation. "You ranaway from that so why are you putting yourself in the same situation? Is it because he's young or is he handsome?"

"No, I mean, yes. He's a bit handsome and.. tall." Hera said, confused and not making any sense.

"Ooohh. Tell me more." I leaned forward and propped my chin on my palms.

"But that's not the point." She said, making me frown. "Jimin, he said it's only a marriage for show. I'm not going to be obligated to share a bed with him."

"So? You said yes?" I asked her then walked up to her and held her shoulders. "Fuck him."

"Jimin!!" She yelled at me.

"You're going to make my eardrums bleed!" I replied in the same volume then I remembered Noah was in the living room so we both quieted down.

"I didn't give him an answer yet." Hera replied, "and he said it's okay. He'll give me time to think."

"Hera, listen to me. I know I'm not the best at giving advise but I'm not against your decision. I just want you to give yourself time to think if this is really the right thing for you and your family." I told her as I looked straight in her eyes.

As her closest friend, I've been with her throughout her hardships and I witnessed how she stumbled over obstacles but stood herself up again. She is strong but I don't ever want to see her in any difficult situation again. "You don't have to jump into a decision right away. Think about Noah. He still depends on you."