Chapter Six

Three days had past since the accident occurred. The pain in my leg and head came in short lived waves. However, the guilt had not eased at all. I sat, creating a new breed of bored, in my bedroom. Stupid injury... My stiff, cast-ed leg was propped up on a couple of pillows and it was a nightmare to try and get comfortable. I shifted awkwardly, trying to face the window adjacent to my bed. Then, the door squeaked open, revealing a grinning Lacey.
"You look like a worm Ally."
I shot her a playful glare. 
"I'm not a worm I'm a potato."
"What?"
"You heard me."
"Okay..."

Eyebrows lowered and a confused smile playing on her lips, Lacey ambled over and sat on the side of the bed.
"How's it going Ally?"
"Uncomfortable. Oh and I wasn't expecting visitors." I stated, glancing at my awkward pajamas. They depicted dozens of fat cartoon ponies chewing hay, to top it all off, against a bright pink background.
"Ah. The joys of friends... Unexpected visits and disappearing snacks." Lacey chuckled calmly. "Besides, your PJ's have horses on them. That in itself declares them as totally epic!"
"How's Shadow Hill?" I asked slowly.
Immediately, Lacey's mood dampened.
"Mr. Ross told you right?" Lacey questioned monotonously. I nodded unhappily, the feeling of guilt flying back in a rush.

"He wouldn't believe me when I said it wasn't Arrow's fault!" She exclaimed. This surprised me.
"What?"
Lacey took a deep breath and shut her hazel eyes for a moment. "Arrow was provoked," She started, obviously deep into the case of the colt's innocence. "This girl, I think her name was Cassie, came up behind him and smacked him on the neck with her crop. Then this other girl started screaming. They both took off snickering before anyone came to help you."

A shocked expression fell over my face. Cassidy French. She was that heartless?
"Cassidy French... Yeah. She would do that. Especially to me." 
Lacey frowned. "Why?"
I shrugged. "We've just always hated each other."
In that moment I lied to my friend. There was a reason. 

The start of our rivalry began to play out in my mind.

_________________________________________

Well. Two chapters in one day...
Sadly this one is super short.
Anyway, a little background info on Cassidy is coming up...
I think this story is moving a little slowy :/
Do you guys want shorter chapters more often?
Or longer chapters quite spread out?

This chapter is dedicated to gigi71. Her stories are mostly
fantasy and are all totally EPIC.

Who likes the new cover for TCC?