Chapter Ten

After the shirll cry of my little sister, things started to blur out of perspective. A million horrrible scenarios raced about my head.
What if Fire hurt Hannah?
What if Hannah hurt Fire and is screaming because there's blood?

And a myriad more.

I felt my heart pump faster and the air come slower to my lungs with every idea I came up with. My crutches moved steadily in front of me, with good pace too, but it all seemed surreal. It was at moments like this where crutches were the biggest misfortune in the entire universe. Every second I waste hopping around, trying to get on with my currently useless leg was another moment not knowing what happened to Fire or Hannah. Hannah, my hopelessly annoying, but dear sister and Fire, the innocent horse I am yet to really know.

The thought of either in pain made me bounce forward faster. I swung open the door leading to the garage staircase and raced down, but carefully as to not land on my face due to inconviniant crutch placing. That wouldn't be good. The door was only slightly ajar, meaning Lacey must of had a burst of common sense to not rush in on an obviously terrified horse. Quiet sobs could be heard, as well as Lacey's soothing sounds. Carefully, I pushed the door open and stepped in.

Overall, the setting was fairly calm. Not a single drop of red tainted the room, only crimson puffy eyes of a little girl in shock. The few items in the garage were scattered everywhere and Fire trembled fearfully at young Hannah who sat sniffling in the corner. I bit my lip and made my way over to Hannah.

Her favorite floral dress had a large tear through it and her hair mimicked a rats nest. When she noticed me, she folded her arms in a sad attempt at disgust. The runny nose and flowing tears made it hard to feel intimidated. That and she only towered three feet tall.
"I'm telling Mom!" She pouted angrily.
"Why?" Lacey echoed from the other side of the garage.
"Because you scared me!"

I started at her for a moment. Although my mother was smart enough to not believe every word the youngest said, she wouldn't be pleased about the surprise pony lurking in her parking space.
"I'll give you candy if you don't tell." I exclaimed a little too quickly.
Her cloudy eyes locked with mine. Then, she turned away, contemplating the offer.
"Okay! But give it now!" Hannah said, placing her hands on her hips, trying hard to look serious.
Rolling my eyes, I limped out of the room.

When I returned, Lacey was fastening the girth on Fire's new saddle. A rueful smile crossed over her face once she saw me. Hannah's eyes were glued to the candy, she wasn't focused on anything but the sugary goodness I held in my hands. Hannah and I were similar in many ways. The only physical featured we shared was our roundish face but our personalities were extremely alike. Both of us loved sweet foods and couldn't stand cinnamon, we were both a little crazy. However, while I was overly obstinate, Hannah just wanted candy.

Greedily, she snatched the colorful bag from my hands and rushed away from the scene. Shaking my head in mock annoyance, I turned to Lacey. Throwing on a maroon jacket, she took ahold of Fire's reins.
"I should probably go..."
I simply nodded. It wouldn't be fair to keep Fire in there any longer.
"It was a stupid idea in the first place..." I muttered quietly.
This time she nodded.

Holding Fire steady, she waited for me to press the button. Once I raised the door, she waved a quick goodbye, hopped on and set off.

What an eventful day.

Flicker, Fire, Switch. Hope for Arrow. Loss of candy. Loss of sweet, sweet candy... An accident. A horse in the garage... And so much more.

Then, feelings began to overwhelm me. I missed the stables. It was so bad that my stomach hurt. I thought of everything I was missing.

Adrenaline began to override my system, driving out any rational thought and replacing it with mind-numbing determination.

I was going to the stables and these crutches weren't going to help at all. I looked around desperately for a form of transport.
Fire.

"Hey Lacey!" I exclaimed, my throat burning. Yelling across the street wasn't a smart idea. It was the adrenalines fault. There wasn't anyway I could give in now. Stubbornness was my most fervent trait.

Lacey spun around in the saddle. I signaled for her to come back. With a confused expression, she plodded back over.

"What Ally?"

"I'm coming."

*A/N Again, I'm on an iPad. This chapter is TERRIBLE. I am so sorry. I felt bad for not updating so here... Anyway. Enjoy!*