THE Ring

I didn't want to leave Jess but I left school in  a rush, literally like 5 hours after CeCe called.

Jess was going to stay the rest of the week, and she begged me to stay but I couldn't, if I wanted to go to NYU I had to make the best of this year, on the team and in the class.

"So, was everything with Jess okay?" Megan asked as I stepped in the suite, my suitcase behind me.

I shook my head," no, not really. But it will be." I smiled a little.

"You wanted to stay didn't you," she crossed her legs under her on the couch.

I nodded," yeah I did. But oh well ya know. I have to do what I have to do."

Standing she came over to me and hugged me. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I pulled her closer and hugged her back tightly.

I was going to miss her, big time.

She stepped back and looked at me," what happened?" I frowned," you made a big decision when you were there, what is it?"

"Nothing, psychic." I joked.

I made to walk away but she stopped me.

"Alex."

Sighing I said," if I get into NYU, I'll be joining Jess there next year."

"Oh," her entire face dropped, she got really sad," that's cool. You two are going to be together."

I nodded and cleared my throat," yeah we are."

She sighed and sat down," when're you leaving?"

"If I get in, I'm leaving June 17th." I said.

She nodded and didn't say anything.

Sighing I wheeled my suitcase to my room and put everything up.

Falling back on the bed I thought of everything. I didn't have much time to process what Jess had told me.

I knew we live in a world where people commit sexual crimes, and well any crime, all the time. But to think that something like this could happen to someone I love was never something I thought I would ever have to experience.

It made me angry. Angry at that douchebag Lukas for even thinking of touching my Jess. Angry at his roommate for not realizing what was being done. And angry at myself for not being there to protect Jess.

Thinking of how to release my anger, I just decided to work out. Pulling off my shirt and changing into some shorts I did every work out I could think of, for indoors.

Squats, push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, weights, jumping jacks, jack hammers, you name it I did it.

"Roomie your back." Tyler exclaimed walking in.

By then my anger had subsided, and I was nearly dripping sweat. I like to think I looked hot, I had abs of course, which were shining with sweat, which sounds gross but some people found that attractive.

I nodded, redundantly wiping my sweaty forehead with my sweaty arm," sup," I breathed.

He raised an eyebrow," you're mad, why?"

I shrugged," no reason."

"Cut the shit Stratton, what's up, besides Megan looks upset." He crossed his arms.

I grabbed a towel out of my closet," she's upset because I'm leaving next year, and I'm mad because of some personal issues."

He nodded," okay. Oh, question, have you chosen a ring yet?"