2.

It didn't take long for the Neirda to finally gather up her courage and letting the friendship grow into more than just a shared silence

It didn't take long for the Neirda to finally gather up her courage and letting the friendship grow into more than just a shared silence. They now held study sessions during their free time and during dinner time, they would share their own jokes. Regulus felt like he was actually his age, forgetting the problems that were now going on at home and moved his new obsession to the side, only focusing on simply on school and making his friend happy. Neirda felt like she was finally her own age, not just a shy kid that hid behind the green flag or the dungeons. Sometimes it was just the both of them, Rebeca had joined from time to time for some studying but only found that the two wanted to be alone sometimes, so off she went, trying to find her other friends from another house. On a particular afternoon, when Regulus was very into learning how to duel correctly, he bragged just like a child.
"No way."
"Come on, Neirda. It would be fun!" Regulus grabbed her arm before wrapping his arms around her. "Look, it just a duel between me and Severus. It's just harmless fun." Neirda tries to put her hair behind her ear, not agreeing with the idea at all. 

"We should be studying, Reg."

"But we will! Every time I have to throw a spell or a curse, you ask me a question. If I answer it incorrectly, Severus throws a spell. If he answers incorrectly, I throw one. Sound okay?"

"You boys and your duels." Regulus smiled in triumph as she stood up and collected her things. "Where's Beca?"
"With some mu... musician friend, last thing I heard from her." Neirda frowned but shrugged as she picked up her belongings and followed Regulus to the yard, where Severus was fixing his trousers.
"You okay, Sev?" Neirda never really liked Severus Snape. And no it wasn't because he was a bad kid, in fact, he was as nice as a Slytherin can be at times. It was an odd feeling she had begun to get when he finally decided to join the two for study sessions. It would never go beyond the Dark Arts. Neirda was more than positive that she would do well in her exams at this point with the numerous times Severus had repeated the same counter curse, curse and everything in between. Repeatedly she reminded both boys that the exams were not only based on the Dark Arts but other subjects such as Transfiguration and Charms not forgetting to mention Potions. It was difficult to get the two boys to concentrate on any other subject, even if they were both smart enough to remember all the minimal reading they had done to pass the class with ease. "Regulus..." Neirda pulled on his sleeve as she pointed to his older brother who continued to stare at the three of them.

"Just leave him alone, Nierda. He's not worth your time."

"Or breath for that matter," Severus mumbled. "Bunch of assholes."

"Sev!"

"Neirda, shut up."

"Hey, watch it." Severus huffed and grabbed his bags. "She just pointed him out, nothing else."

"Whipped." Regulus pulled out his wand and the two immediately began to duel. Severus dropped his bags once again and the irritation from both of them was seen on the throw of their wand. Neirda knew that from the spot she was standing, she would not move. So she sat down on the grass and faced the other way, her back on the duelling boys. Opening her books and taking out parchment papers, she sat up tall and cleared her throat as the boys continued to throw each other spells and curses. 

"Recipe for the Draught of Living Death?" She yelled out, hoping to get through the 

"Infusion of Wormwood!" Severus exclaimed, laughing as one of his hexes got Regulus. "Powdered Root of Asphodel! Get up, Black!"

_

Neirda held onto his arm as they walked right towards the common room with a very proud Severus behind them. With every step, Regulus groaned and closed his eyes. Neirda was very close to getting him to the hospital wing, but Regulus was stubborn enough to tell her he was indeed fine and just sore from the hours they had gotten duelling and studying. 

"That idea was terrible."

"That's only because you haven't read any of your material and have been focusing a lot more on the Dark Arts and Quidditch."

"You sound like my mother, but Walburga seems pleased that I'm focusing on the Dark Arts." Neirda stopped suddenly, Regulus looked at her, sighing. "Not in a bad way, Nierda."

"Your Mother sounds way too interested in you being in the Dark Arts, Reg. With the death eaters rising, anything is possible." Regulus stayed quiet and groaned as he touched his stomach. "You sure you do not want to go to.."

"NO!" Nerida lets go of his arm and nodded. "Neirda."

"Severus, make sure he takes this." Neirda takes out a small bottle and hands it to him. "Catch you later, gentlemen." She took one more look at Regulus, shook her head and walked towards the Great Hall, leaving Regulus smiling as he looked at her walk away. 

"You're stubborn," Severus said after a few seconds of silence. 

"Severus, if there is anyone stubborn right now, it's you. Now give me the stupid bottle. I'm going to bed."