4.

Neirda did not talk to him nor did she approach him on their first last day at Hogwarts

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Neirda did not talk to him nor did she approach him on their first last day at Hogwarts. She would never have guessed that having to stop herself from talking to him or even stealing his scarf from around his neck would require a lot of willpower, but managed to get through it. Neirda wanted to make sure that the boy knew that she was furious, confused but most of all upset. Furious at him for thinking that joining a group of murderers was a phenomenal idea; confused because this was a war that Regulus had gotten himself into after mentioning that he did not want any part in it, and finally upset; for having her see the man face to face and ultimately interact with him. His eyes now haunted her in her sleep and she wanted nothing more but to forget the smile and the sound of his voice. Those lonely days, Rebeca was not around to keep the girl company leaving Neirda worried since nothing but terror was the constant topic in the corridors. In fact, Rebeca had not been during the first night back. The disappearances of Regulus Black along with other members of the Slytherin house throughout the first month of the school term, lead her to grow suspicious on the idea of them avoiding to attend school in order to perform their demanded duties as new followers of Voldemort.

The first three months felt eternal without her being close to him and even when she was able to see him walking through the corridors, it was a sense of relief that washed her over. He was safe even if she did not ask him how safe, but safe enough to be attending school. It was two days after when Regulus did not appear, Neirda could help herself but worry. She paced back and forth the common room floors that night, anxiously waiting for him to enter through the doors, breathing and not injured. She continued to do so every night before bed, her housemates making a silent vow to each other to ask if she was okay and reassured her that the young Black would be perfectly fine. The words had entered one ear and exited the other when her hands began to tremble and she began to grow cold.
It was one night where her pacing had finally come to a stop as she heard the doors open. Her heart banged against her chest, hoping that the guest was anyone she wanted to see. 

"Miss.Walters?" 

Professor Slughorn walked up to her, a sand-coloured envelope in his hands. There was no one else in the room, those who had been checking on her had eventually given up on getting the girl to sleep and went to sleep themselves. Neirda held her breath as she took the letter and looked at her head of the house. "I'm sorry." Was all he said before walking out of the common room. She sat on the chair behind her and slowly opened the envelope. Her mind giving all the worst possibilities that she could currently imagine.  Her eyes scanned the paper over again as her heart began to grow heavy inside of her.

"Beca..."

__

Grief was felt by the entire Slytherin house for their fallen member. Neirda could not find the strength to get herself up from her roommate's bed the following nights. Several girls of the surrounding rooms were ready to complain that they could not sleep over the not-so-silent outcries of their housemate yet it took almost no time for them to know what had occurred. They stayed quiet for the following nights and kept Neirda by their side, trying to get the girl to be herself again.

Rebeca was found a month later the term had started, along with the rest of her family. The letter was signed by Regulus as he was the one who had discovered the body of Rebeca and her parents after having to flee the fight himself. Regulus repeatedly swore to her that he was not present when the massacre had occurred and yearned to be by her. That if there was something that made his stomach turn every night was the thought of her being the next one. That it would take more than a few death eaters to get rid of him first before getting to her. Regulus promised, Neirda wanted to believe him.

Although the two girls had not known each other for too long and their friendship had just started to blossom, it was enough laughter shared that made not having her best friend present in her life anymore, painful. Rebeca's bed was nicely made and no one had dared to touch it. The common room arranged a small altar for her; it was now common to encounter Neirda mourning when most of the students were out attending classes. One day from another, Neirda was determined to wipe her face and fight those that had taken Rebeca away from the world to soon.
-
Regulus returned a week after the news had expanded like wildfire. Professor McGonagall had received the teen with a stern look but sent him to bed immediately, happy to see him once again. When he entered the common room, the small altar was the first thing he was able to see. The flowers it had gathered gave the warm common room a scent he never thought would fill the dark room. His eyes wandered, taking in the rarely lit environment and sighed. He had never been so thankful to be back on school grounds, surrounded by things he knew were normal. Regulus walked towards the boy side of the dormitories when he saw her sleeping on the bench by the window. He walked up to her and shook her lightly. As she stretched and opened her eyes, Neirda did not refrain herself from jumping on him, wrapping her arms around his neck and cry. Regulus held her tightly, soothing her hair as she continued to cry. After a few minutes, they let each other go and sat in a quiet and comfortable silence.
"Neirda?" Neirda smiled and looked down at her hands. "I'm..."
"You're back, Reg. It's all I care right now."

Silent Kisses. | Regulus A. Black |рдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ