Chapter Three

Celestina's POV

I must've been seeing things. That couldn't possibly be him...

Wait, was he the one who dropped the scenery on my sister? I vaguely remember hearing the stagehand claim he wasn't at his post...

I shook the thought from my mind and began to change for tonight's event, where I would be backstage, as usual. But I swear I saw him...

I put on the dress, often looking behind me to see if he was back

I put on the dress, often looking behind me to see if he was back. Once I put on the gown, I pulled up my hair into a knot and went down behind the stage.

Time Skip

I watched in slight envy as Christine sang the song I'd sung earlier, gaining great applause at the end. Oh, how I wished it were me outside instead.

Time Skip

Once the show was over, I went back to my room, stumbling slightly from the bit of wine I had (I wasn't used to drinking) and tiredness. Pushing open the door, I looked up and my heart dropped.

There he stood, the man who I'd seen earlier in the mirror. I gasped and he turned towards me. In his hands was my music.

"Who..." I was terrified. My mind flashed to before the show when the stagehand had continued to tell the stories of this man, who would hang anyone in his path.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorry this was short! Decided to leave it on a cliff hanger

Get it

Hanger

...

Okay I'll shut up and go write the next chapter

-Literal Trash