Chapter Eleven

I stand up from the boat, nearly tripping over my skirt. I was never a dancer, and that showed well in my lack of gracefulness.

Not only that, I was shaking extraordinarily. It was definitely noticeable, and the Opera Ghost sensed it.

"No need to be afraid." He whispered. I was led over to a large closet. He gestured for me to open it.

I swung the door open and nearly collapsed at the sight. It was a mannequin, but it was molded to look exactly like me. The fingernails were shaped almost identically to mine, the wrists were dainty, even my beauty mark that rested under my left eye was spot on.

It wore a beautiful blue gown with a long train. I would've never been able to make something like that.

"What do you think?" The voice of the Opera Ghost was suddenly in my ear, right behind me

"What do you think?" The voice of the Opera Ghost was suddenly in my ear, right behind me. His hands slid down my shoulders, lacing with my fingers. I jumped as his chest pressed against my back.

"It's... gorgeous." I muttered.

"And so are you, my sweet." Feeling his breath on my ear made my skin crawl. Tears pricked my eyes. I was beyond scared. The thought of him studying me this closely to make something look exactly like me...

"We shall begin our lessons." The warmth that had rested against me left, and I sighed to myself, knowing that he had walked away.

My eyes were glued to the mannequin. It's empty eyes stared back at me. Slowly, I extended my hand. My fingertips grazed the cheekbone of the figure.

"I do not like to be kept waiting." I pulled myself away to look and see the Opera Ghost standing impatiently. I apologized and walked towards him.

He grasped my hand, looking deeply into my eyes. His other hand took my free one, and, to my surprise, placed it on his own face. His skin was soft beneath my palms as he closed his eyes, allowing my hand to rest against his face.

"Mon amour..." He whispered. The Phantom's eyes fluttered open as he pulled me closer, our noses nearly touching.

His eyes drifted to my lips. I held my breath as he leaned forward, brushing his lips against my cheek. He pulled away slightly, his face still close to mine. I could feel his breath go down the back of my neck, making me shudder.

My hand was then lightly pulled to the Phantom's lips. He gently kissed my knuckles many times. I stared at him, not knowing how to react to his actions.

Finally, he stopped, and led me to a large organ. The Opera Ghost sat at the bench.

"We shall start with warmups." He announced. "Now, on an 'ah' vowel, repeat these notes." He played a simple scale.

I took a short breath and began singing.

"Fix your posture." He said, without even looking over at me. He could tell that my shoulders were slumped, my chin was down, and my feet were together. I sat up straighter and put my feet shoulder width apart.