2. Interview and New Neighbors

Clark and Kara found out they need to interview Lena and now the two cousins are standing in front of Kara's apartment building. They enter the building and go up to Kara's floor. "Looks like I got new neighbors." The blonde said. "Lets go say hello."

Clark and Kara walk up to the open door and Kara knocks. Chloe whips her head around and smiles. "Hi! I'm Chloe Beale. My girlfriend and I just moved here."

"Cool! I'm Kara Danvers. I live in the apartment at the end right here." She said pointing.

"Aca-awesome!" Chloe cheered. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too. And what?"

The redhead giggled. "It's a cappella speak. We were in an a cappella group in college."

"Oh! Cool! I did an a cappella thing in high school."

"Sweet!"

"Chlo, could you help me a minute?" Beca asked coming out of the bedroom.

Chloe looked at her and smiled. "Come meet our new neighbor. She lives in the end apartment right here."

Beca walks over and smiles. "Hello. I'm Beca Mitchell. Chloe's girlfriend." She said sticking her hand out.

Kara shook her hand. "Kara Danvers. Nice to meet you. This is my cousin Clark Kent."

"Hello." He greeted with a polite smile.

"Hi. Are you from here too or...?"

"Metropolis actually. I'm just visiting." Clark replied.

"Cool. Well, Chloe and I still have a bunch of boxes to unpack. It was nice meeting you both. Kara, we'll have to get together and hang out sometime."

"Of course! It was nice meeting you guys too. Bye."

"Bye." The couple replied in unison.

Kara and Clark entered her apartment when her phone rang. Picking it up, she answers. "Hey, Alex!"

"Hey. You up for sisters night tonight?"

"Definitely! I have so much to tell you."

"Cool. I'll bring your favorites."

"Ok! Love you."

"Love you too." Alex replied and the line went dead.

The next day, Clark and Kara walk into Luthor Corp. They get in the elevator and Clark speaks. "Just remember, we can't trust her."

"Stop that. She could be nothing like Lex. Give her a chance."

The elevator door opens and they step out following Lena to her office. "You were supposed to be on The Venture and you weren't there." Clark said.

"There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for why I wasn't aboard The Venture yesterday." Lena said hanging her coat and purse up on the rack across from the office doorway. "There was an emergency regarding the ceremony I'm planning for tomorrow. I'm renaming my family's company and I had to cancel."

"Huh." Clark sounded thoughtfully. "Lucky."

"Lucky is Superman saving the day."

"Not something you would expect a Luthor to say."

"And Supergirl was there too." Kara piped in.

"And who are you exactly?" Lena asked walking over to get a drink.

"Umm... umm... I'm Kara Danvers. I'm not with The Daily Planet. I'm with Catco Magazine... Sort of."

"That publication isn't known for it's hardenating journalism. More like high-waisted jeans. Yes or no." The CEO replied sitting in her chair.

"I'm just... I'm tagging along today."

"Right. Can we just speed this interview along? Just ask me what you want to ask me, Mr. Kent. Did I have anything to do with The Venture explosion?"

"Did you?" Clark inquired.

"You wouldn't be asking me if my last name was Smith." She said looking up at him.

"Ah. But it's not. It's Luthor."

Lena smirked. "Some steel under that Kansas wheat. It wasn't always. I was adopted when I was four. The person that made me feel most welcome in the family was Lex. Made me proud to be a Luthor. And then he went on his reign of terror in Metropolis. Declared war on Superman. Committed unspeakable crimes." She said turning back around and turning on the overhead. "When Superman put Lex in jail, I vowed to take back my family's company. To rename it L-Corp. Make it a force for good. I'm just a woman trying to make a name for herself outside her family. You understand that."

"Yeah." Kara said nodding.

"I know why you're here. Because it's the vicinity of my family's company that made the part that exploded on The Venture." She said getting up to retrieve a flash drive. Handing it to Clark, she continues. "This drive contains all the information we have on the ocelator. I hope it helps you in your investigation."

"Thank you."

"Give me a chance, Mr. Kent. I'm here for a fresh start. Let me have one."

"Good day, Miss Luthor." He replied leaving.

Kara looked at Lena and nodded awkwardly. "Good day." She said following her cousin.