3. Renaming Ceremony

The next day, Beca and Chloe got a call from Lena to be invited to the renaming ceremony. Winn found out that Lena wasn't the perpetrator, but the victim and Lena is headed for a helicopter ride. "I hate flying." Lena said putting her earmuffs on. "I know statistically it's the safest way to travel, but still..." She continued looking at the pilot. As the chopper lifts in the air, multiple flying some sort of drones show up and start shooting at it.

Superman and Supergirl fly up blocking it as a voice comes through. "I thought you two might show up. You spoil all the fun."

"You know," Superman started. "If you were expecting us, you should have brought something a LITTLE more powerful."

"I did. I brought my wits. I have drones planted all throughout the city targeting civilian populations as we speak. Your choice, Aliens. Innocent civilians or the chopper."

The supers look at each other. "Go! I got the chopper!" Supergirl said.

Superman flew off and Supergirl used her heat vision to destroy the two drones behind the chopper. The main drone pointing at the chopper shot off a pistol. Supergirl flew in front of the chopper making the pistol blow up hitting her stomach. The force of the blast knocked her into the helipad cracking the concrete. The drone shot off another gunshot hitting the pilot. Lena looked terrified as another shot went off, but Supergirl caught the bullet and flew up underneath with a punch breaking the drone to pieces. She pulled the chopper back down onto the helipad to safety and opened the pilot's door checking for a pulse as Lena took off her earmuffs speaking up. "What the hell was that?"

Supergirl looked at her. "Someone's trying to kill you."

Meanwhile, Beca and Chloe are parking where the ceremony's taking place. Chloe's phone rings and she answers. "Hello?"

"M...Mom?" Came a quivering voice.

"Emily?"

"Are you and Mama busy?"

"Not yet. But we were invited by an old college friend to a renaming ceremony. She's renaming her family's company. It starts in a few minutes. Why? What's wrong?"

Emily bursts into tears. "I...I...I c...c...c...can't. Not over the phone. I came to National City. I just landed. Where are you?"

"Mama's parking the car. We're on National Avenue."

"I'll be r...right there. I'm taking a taxi."

"Ok, Sweetie. Please be careful." Chloe said as the line went dead.

Beca parks the car finally and looks at her girlfriend with worry. "What's wrong?"

"Our aca-child is on her way here from National City Airport. She was bawling. Wouldn't say what was wrong over the phone."

Now looking concerned herself, the tiny brunette replies. "Lets go retrieve her at the end of the road where she'll come in."

Chloe nods and the two get out walking to the end of said road.

About ten minutes later, a tall young brunette with tears in her eyes and a suitcase being pulled behind her, came into view. Beca spotted her. "Emily!"

The tall brunette ran over, dropped her bag, and burst into major tears as she hugged the tiny woman. "Oh, Mama."

Beca hugged her tight, rocking them side to side. "Shhh. Let it out, Sweetie." She whispered in her ear and kissed her temple.

As this was happening, Chloe had taken Emily's suitcase to the car and returned looking worriedly at the broken girl. "It was so awful." Emily managed to get out through her tears.

Chloe wrapped her arms around the two from behind Emily. "Shhh. It's ok, Baby Girl. Calm down. Mama and I are here."

After another five minutes, Emily stopped crying and wiped her eyes. Chloe rubbed her back and Beca rubbed her arms a few times as they broke apart. "Your stuff is in the car it looks like." Beca started and her girlfriend nodded. "Our old friend's ceremony should be starting right about now. Lets go hear the speech and then we'll go home and you can tell us what happened."

The tall girl nodded and the trio walked over to the stage where Lena had just arrived.

Lena started her speech as Kara's ear piece came on and Alex's voice was heard. "I'm in the main plaza. No sign of Corbin."

"My brother hurt a lot of good, innocent people. My family owes a debt. Not just to Metropolis, but to everyone. And I intend to pay that. By renaming my company L-Corp., we will insure that a new age of cooperation and community. Together we will try to bright our future." Suddenly there's an explosion and Lena is thrown forward. People panic and scatter and Kara quickly changes into Supergirl. Lena gets up unharmed and spots what looks to be a police officer. "Officer, thank God." She said.

The man pulled a gun and points it at her ready to shoot as Lena looks a little stunned. Two seconds later, Alex attacks him from behind making the gun clatter to the ground. Supergirl shows up and he quickly grabs the gun along with Alex switching their positions. "Let her go!" Supergirl yelled. "Lex Luthor hired you to kill his sister, didn't he?"

"Luthor still has resources. Even in maximum security lockdown. Now I'm leaving. And there's nothing..."

Before he could continue, a gunshot went off and he fell bleeding from his middle. "The bullet went through and through." Said Alex. "We're gonna need a hospital."

Supergirl was looking at a shocked Lena holding said gun that fired said bullet.

The next day, Clark and Kara were entering Lena's office when she looked up at them putting the paper down. "Thank you, Mr. Kent. This is exactly the kind of press my company needs after yesterday's attack." She said getting up and walking to lean on the front of her desk. "And thank you for including the part about me shooting the guy. That'll teach Lex to mess with me. Now he'll be the laughing stock of cell block ex."

Clark chuckled. "Well, that's not exactly why I wrote it. I wrote it because it's the truth. I was wrong about you, Miss Luthor. I'm sorry."

"Well if I can make a believer out of Clark Kent, there's hope yet. What about you, Miss Danvers? I didn't see your name on the byline."

"Uh...uh... well, like I said, I'm not a reporter."

"Could've fooled me." Lena replied slightly smiling at the blushing blonde. "I hope this isn't the last time we talk." She said walking back around her desk and glancing at the younger girl.

Kara smiled. "I hope not either." She replied and the cousins left.