Chapter 1

(Adalines P.O.V)
I never thought my life would be like this. Here I am 16 and I'm the nerd of the school. I only have two friends vanessa a 16 year old black haired girl with beautiful brown eyes and Charlie a 16 year old blonde haired hazel eyed boy. Because of me they were both on the bottom of the highschool food chain. They don't deserve it... especially charlie, as you can see I've always liked charlie since middle school but I don't think he knows or likes me. He's the type that was meant to be popular and vanessa was the type to rule the school but. They choose me.

"Hello? Adaline can you hear me?!'' Yes my name is Adaline Johnson I'm a 16 year old girl with brown hair and blue eyes... my parents are the richest people in tampa florida.. not that it matters. You can call me Aj if you want. "Huh Oh yea sorry charlie what we're we talking about?" I said staring at his beautiful hazel eyes that remind me of fall for some reason. He just smiled and it made me melt inside. I was so lost in his eyes I didn't notice my best friend vanessa staring at charlie it was weird but I noticed the worry in her eyes so I brushed it off. "Whats wrong" Me and Charlie ask at the same time.

"Is it your mom?" I try not to say it in a rude way because the alcoholic mother is a very sensitive issue. "Let's not bring that up ok?" Charlie said while staring at vanessa which I want to forget about. "It's fine but no its not it's about... you Aj" so many thoughts rushed to my head... was it bad? Is someone hurt? "Tell me V" her face now looks like she wished she didn't bring it up.. of sorrow. "You remember Ashton?" I wish she didn't bring him up!! What does he have to do with it?! " yeah the guy that bullied me my whole middle school year, what about him?" I try to ignore my thoughts and memories in my head and I know charlie can tell by the way his hand grabs mine and tightens it.

**FLASHBACK**
It was 7th grade and a fat me was walking home with Charlie and vanessa on a freezing winter day when I thought someone was watching me but walked it off and kept talking. That's when I'm opening my house door and at last minute I notice a bucket of water splashing me. I was so cold I felt like I was gonna get frost bite, but that's when I see charlie furious while vanessa felt sorry for me we then notice Ashton laughing at me saying "I guess my science experiment works! You see adaline my experiment was to see if fat girls get cold even with all that body fat!" It hurt even more when charlie pushed me inside trying to hold in his laughter. Vanessa started screaming at Ashton
*** FLASHBACK OVER***

"Hello A! You keep spacing out on me!" Vanessa said waving her hand
"Sorry V what about ashton" ugh my thoughts were broken again but I guess I can't complain because any longer and I would've been on the floor crying.. good thing I lost ALOT of weight or that would've been worse "anyways so yeah that ashton! He's um... " "spit it out ronnie" Charlie said obviously getting a little annoyed but wanted to contain his smile. It was weird that he gave her that nickname and she was shocked too but started smiling. "OK Tell ashton is... coming to this school on Monday!" obviously V was excited even if he was my bully. .. not gonna lie he was hot and probably even hotter but I couldn't keep my mouth shut. This is gonna be the worst junior year ever!