Chapter eight

My sister tried to kill me. I was awoken from a five hundred year rest be my great niece. My husband put me at rest, then tried to kill my sister, then tried to kill me, and I'm lying in bed with him asleep and I staring at the ceiling, feeling....... lost. I have no idea what to do anymore. Maybe I should leave! I get out of bed silently, careful not to wake Nik up, and go to my dresser. I pull out some clothes Elena leant me,- and put them in a bag. I grab a pad of paper and write a note to Nik.

Dear Nicklaus,
I can't deal with this pain. Everything that has happened in the past day, is making me break. Katerina tried to kill me. My mother in law, tried to poison me through my wine. Then there's you. I want to hate you, but I want to love you as well. You fixed my five hundred years ago from myself. Then you come and break me. You don't know this, but I tried to end my life one day when I was with you. You and Elijah were out to town, so it was just Rebekah and I. She was upstairs doing whatever it is she does, and I was downstairs, taking my daylight ring off, and walking out the door. It was the middle of the day, so the sun was high in the sky. Rebekah heard the door open, and vamp speed down to where I was. I was already starting to burn, but she came and pulled me inside. "What the bloody heck are you doing?!" She yells at me. "I can't do this anymore!" I said and hid my head in her shoulder. That's how I feel now Nik. I don't know what to do. I'm lost! I'm leaving now. Please don't come looking for me. I have to get away from here. Away from Katerina. Away from........ you. I love you, but I don't know how to fix you! I'm going to Kentucky, so I can talk to a friend of mine. We will meet again Nik. Goodbye my love.
Your wife,
Kaitlyn Patrova

I didn't want to put out last name! I put the goodbye letter on my pillow. I slip my engagement ring off, but keep my wedding ring. I put my engagement ring on top of the letter and vamp speed to out of the house. I go to what they call a car and start it. I look back at the house, just in time to see three of the Mikalsons come out. Rebekah leans into Elijah and crys. Nik looks at me and holds my ring close to him. I see the letter in his hand, crumpled into a ball. I start crying and try to start the thing. I can't manage to do it, so I get out. Nik grabs my wrist, and I do the one thing I didn't want to no matter what. I slip my wedding ring off, and throw it at home. He looks taken back and let's go. I run away cry.

I look at the sky, and see that it is already dark. I fall to the ground and cry. I pull myself into a ball and lay my head on my knees. I lost him! I lost my one love! He was the only person who truly cared about me! I look at my hand and see only my daylight ring left. The one I never really liked. I vamp speed to a random pond, and take it off. I throw it, and watch it sink. He lied. He said he would always love me. He said he would always keep me safe. In about five hours, that promise will be broken. The sun comes up in about five hours. I look around me when I hear a twig snap. "What are you doing out here?!" I turn and see Damon Salvatore himself. "I had to get away from him!" I say quietly. "Who?" He says. "Nik." I whisper. He has a look of confusion and I giggle. "He broke me. The person who was once my anchor, let me go astray." I say and vamp speed before he can reply. I get to a small cottage and I compel the lady to let me go in. I lay down and think about everything Nik and I went through, yet overcome.