Chapter Twenty-Five

Lena's P.O.V

That night at dinner, it was really quiet at first then Mike started to speak.

"So Lena, you work at Brandon's school?"

"Ya?"

"Oh I was just wondering." I see Stef going to speak but I put hand on her arm because I knew she already told him that and she was getting frustrated just by him being here.

It grows silent again and VERY awkward.

"Sooooooo, Lena." I look up from my plate.

"Hm?"

"How long have you known? That you were a l-lesbian I mean."

"MIKE!" Stef shouts. I look at her trying to calm her down and I put my hand on her thigh.

"It's ok, Stef." She simmers down a little but still gives Mike the death glare. "I've always known really. But I had my first girlfriend in high school." He nods and continues eating. I nudge Stef and she looks at my hand. I point toward the kitchen doorway. "Will you excuse me." I put my napkin on the table and leave through the doorway. I go the bathroom and wait for Stef. From the bathroom I hear her talking.

"I will be right back." She approaches the door and whispers. "It's Stef. Open up." the door and she walks in. I lock the door. She gives me a confused look. I pull her close quickly, So she is caught off guard. I kiss her and she melts in my arms. I pull back and she looks at me with her beautiful smile. "What was that for?"

"So you would calm down. I thought you and Mike were gonna try not to fight tonight."

"Trust me, love, it wasn't intentional. But who asks someone that?!"

"I don't know, hun. But it's okay. Right? No more raising voices right?" She looks at me and nods.

"I love you." She says. That was the first time she has said this. my eyes starts to tear up. I wipe my eyes and we both giggle.
"I love you too." She pecks me on the lips before she unlocks, opens and exits through the door. I smile. Shortly after, I leave not trying to be suspicious, but I think Mike is on to us because he gives me a dirty look. I think Mike is a little jealous, because he isn't the one that gets to kiss her everyday. I am glad that I am the one that get to hug, kiss and cuddle everyday and anytime I want.

I sit back in my seat, beside Stef and continue eating. Mike makes small talk and asks questions about myself while Stef is just  silent so she doesn't say anything she knows she shouldn't.

Later that night

"Okay thank you, Mike." Stef says closing the door behind him when he leaves. We both sigh in relief that he is finally gone. It wasn't a bad night but it was really awkward with Mike and Stef not talking to each other. It was around 8 and Brandon had gone to bed shortly before Mike had left. I go to kitchen and pour us some wine because we deserve it for the night we have had. I sit on the couch in the living room. She comes over and sits next to me putting her one leg across my lap and the other behind me wrapping her arms around me.

"Thank you for keeping me sane tonight and always." We both giggle.

"Diddo." I take a sip of my wine. She sits up and kisses me hard and passionate. We put our glasses down on the coffee table. She cups my face with her hands and pulls me closer. She adjusts, sitting up on my lap with her legs wrapped around my back. Man this never gets old. I love this women with all my heart. She is beautiful, funny and just down right the best thing that has ever happen to me. She is the love of my life. My love interest.