Checking Our Room and Chatting

I padded into our room and sniffed the air. It was surprisingly clean but we had just arrived home. We didn't really have much stuff around since I hated clutter. Leaving on the home on wheels with him for the first time when we met nearly killed me.

"It shouldn't be that hard to find a water bowl in here," I pointed out as I swept my head to the side.

"Then find it," Logan grumbled as he kneeled down beside the bed. I wasn't sure what I was doing so I didn't press it.

I strode into the bathroom and saw a bowl of water on the counter. I reared on my hind legs and snarled in rage. I didn't need to look far. I peered into the water. I couldn't see if the water was contaminated so I flapped my wings and hovered over it. I lowered a claw into it. It was ice cold, freshly poured.

I turned my head. "Logan! Come here!"

He strode forward and eyed the bowl before he raised an eyebrow. "You found it," he murmured as he touched the bowl.

"You didn't pour this, did you," I asked but I already knew the answer.

"Of course not! Who pours water and leaves it here. You'd have to remain in flight just to drink it," Logan pointed out with a snort of amusement.

That gave me an idea. "You are very right Logan," I murmured as I fluttered down and landed on all fours with my wings pressed against my side. "This means that whoever poured this was in a hurry. They wanted to put it down but they must have heard us. Then they rushed to get away."

I turned my head but I didn't see any sign of breaking or entering. I swore under my breath and turned to Logan. "Why would someone want to poison all of the wolves in the mansion, especially innocent pups."

Logan crossed his arms. "I have no idea. This makes no sense at all," he muttered as he thought.

"If there is no signs of anyone trying to enter then it must be someone inside the school," I decided as I threw my head to the side. "We just have to figure out who."

"Where do we start," Logan wondered as he watched me pad toward the entrance of our room, sighing.

"Well first I think we should check on Keen. He is our top priority."