Looking For Mirage

"Starlight. Starlight wake up."

I mumbled something before I shoved my muzzle under my paw and grumbled. I just wanted to get back to sleep but whoever was podding me with a cold nose in my cheek.

"Starlight we're here," murmured my mate as he licked me between the ears.

I blinked my eyes open and I yawned before I stretched out, my back arching. The seatbelt pulled against me and I growled before I clicked a button and they retracted. I leaped down and Logan stood up, rolling his shoulders a bit.

I looked and saw Poultice walking with the Professor and he looked up in admiration. I saw Rouge take Keen in her arms with Bobby following. Everyone else exited the jet and we strode toward the entrance of the school.

I felt the soft grass brush my pads. I took in the sweet fresh air and I was glad it didn't burn my lungs. I rumbled in delight before I looked back to the rest of the group following.

It didn't take long before we finally hustled into the school and met the students that had escaped. They were very pleased that the Professor and the rest of the students were alright. They also flocked around Storm and Scott and asked a lot of questions about Jean.

"We'll talk about that later," chided Storm as she looked worryingly to Scott who was on the verge of tears. "Alright?"

I was about to say something to help her but before I could Poultice darted through my legs and away from the Professor. "Mirage! Mirage!"

"What's wrong," asked another light gray male wolf with dark black markings.

"I can't find Mirage," he replied as his head swiveled around madly. His breath began quick and I was worried he might panic if he didn't find some answers about Mirage soon. "Do you know where he is Feldspar?"

Feldspar took a step back and twitched his ears. "I er um well I....I didn't see him come out with us Poultice and I counted everyone," he murmured with dark eyes.

"W-What," stammered Poultice as he took a step back with his eyes wide in shock.

Feldspar looked to me and I frowned, wondering what he was going to say. "Well I thought that he was captured along with some of the others, right Starlight?"

'Oh no, don't bring me into this,' I thought as I frowned at Poultice. He looked up at me and his tail wagged.

"I didn't see Mirage when I broke them the children and pups out of Stryker's prison," Poultice pointed out as he blinked his eyes.

"I need to talk to you about this later," I told him sternly and curtly to him. He shrunk back and exchanged a glance with Feldspar before he nodded and gulped.

Once I saw the Professor push away from the group of children flocking around him. He wheeled forward and I strode forward, my tail lashing. "Professor," I called as I darted forward. He looked over his shoulder and stopped wheeling.

"Is there something I can help you with Starlight," he asked as he looked down on my with his usual intelligent eyes.

I nodded and I leaned forward so I didn't have to speak too loud because I didn't want Poultice to hear me. "Could I speak to you, Poultice, Thruster, and Logan in private in a bit," I asked hopefully with my ears flicking.

"Of course Starlight," murmured the Professor. "Any particular reason?"

I hung my head. "Just know that it's very important to Poultice and I need support for him and for me."

The Professor nodded and looked toward his office. "When do you want to meet?"

"Today, definitely," I barked as I fluffed out my fur. I knew it had been a difficult day but I couldn't put this off. Poultice deserved to know. "How about in an hour when everyone else relaxes and knows that we're alright."

The Professor wheeled forward and I knew that he understood. I sighed and strode toward Logan, pushing on his legs a bit. "Can we go to our room," I asked hopefully. He lowered down so I could whisper in his ears.

"Of course is something wrong," asked Logan as he looked around and tried to block out everyone elses conversations.

I nodded and bit my lip. "We just need to talk. I'm afraid how Poultice will react when I tell him I killed his brother."