Epilogue

Danny POV

'There were a lot of things I have regretted in my life and afterlife. There were things I wish could be different. One of them being my former friends and family. Even now and then I wonder, how different it could be. What if Fentons were parents for me, not just scientists? What if they accepted me for what I am? What if Sam and Tucker stayed with me? Only father knows, maybe. One thing for certain, everything would be different.

But do I regret who I have become? No. Why should I? I have everything I could even dream about. And I'm not talking about the wealth, of course. I have a loving family. With only Jazz it still didn't fell full. Now I have a caring father, wonderful daughter, and a loving wife. What else a person would need?

We live our afterlives peacefully, knowing that there aren't any bloodthirsty hunters. Our actions that day told the truth to the humans. The fact, that acting merely out of fear will bring nothing but death and destruction. And there was a good example. Guys in White, formerly the worst threat to our world.

The humans have seen what this monsters have done. All the pain, suffering they gave to me and ghosts in general. And if I felt some remorse about punishing Fentons and the others, there was nothing what kept me from making Lockwood suffer. He was thrown into the Pit. He should be proud, he is the first one in millennias.

Dorathea became the representative from our world. That was because of the change in humans' opinion about us. Most of them stopped seeing us as vile monsters, only wishing to massacre them all. They started to see, that we are also people. That we can be happy, be sad, feel joy and pain.

Valerie wasn't wanted anymore, and she and her father were able to live in the Human world. That doesn't mean I haven't gifted them with a proper house. I'm happy for them. At least someone can have a normal life.

I can't help but think, how a few decisions can change the history. I always recall the day, when everything has changed. How wimpy Danny Fenton became the person, who is telling you that story. I don't know why I stepped inside the portal. Most possibly just to show up. Back than, I often regretted my decision.

After everything what happened, I finally accepted it. Because I understood something. What will be, if I didn't step inside? Pariah Dark taking over both worlds? Undergrowth turning everything in his own garden? People like them are the reason I was needed. Why Infinite Realms needed Phantom. I was born, destined to become a hero, a king.'

"Danny, you there?" I heard Ember calling for me.

"Yes"

She walked inside my cabinet, wearing blue and black dress. Ember wasn't looking like rock diva I saw when I was fourteen, it's not like that bothers me. I couldn't even imagine back then, that this woman will become my wife. She wrapped the hands around my head.

"What are you doing, anyway?"

"I just felt like writing a memoirs. Too much memories to keep them inside," Ember turned me around to face her. She had a serious look on her face.

"Danny, that's all in the past. What's done is done, and there is nothing to feel wrong about! Look outside and you will see, that I'm not the only one who thinks like that"

"Thank you, Em, I needed to hear that," she laughed quietly.

"That's why I'm here, to fix your brains when needed"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

A.N. And now my first story is finished. It was interesting to write and I hope you liked the results. Comment this story, that's very important. 
Most likely I'll make a rewrite, since I'm not much satisfied with this.