Chapter 6

Friendly reminder: This is not your personal vent blog. There's a person behind these stories that reads all your comments who such things can affect negatively. Hope you all are doing well and have a good day. Love, Roman

It wasn't getting better.

I hadn't popped up out of Thomas' mind since the attack but my absence didn't seem to cheer him up.

Sure I had cheered up a bit after the attack, I wasn't screaming in terror anymore like Patton told me I had done so that's an upgrade. 
But I also hadn't been getting shorter and, as I could tell by the way they all looked at me whenever I passed them in the mind palace, they weren't too happy about it either.

Logan would always walk a little bit too close and a little bit too slow to see how tall he was compared to me, Patton had made a line with a pencil on the wall in the centre, a room we could all come together and ' have fun'. The line, he told us, was his height. He said it would be a good bonding activity to all do the same every week to see how much we've grown. That one was pretty obvious and I did, surprise, surprise, not participate.

Roman, well, that's a whole different story. 

At first, he kept his promise. He asked me how I was feeling every day and would sometimes even make me coffee. But it appears that after two weeks of trying to see my positive side, he started giving up. 

He began wearing his heels again, starting with the small once but soon balancing on 8 inch, blood red heeled boots with his logo carved into the shining leather on his heel. It seemed to annoy him even more that he, with those things on his feet, still only was an inch taller.

His comment wich had stopped completely for a while would come back. It started slowly, a sigh as he saw me pass by or a whisper under his breath, too quiet to pick up the insult. But, as with everything in life, they would grow. The sighs turned into moans of annoyance and the whispers turned into loud comments like 'why don't you just leave us alone?'

Needless to say, life was absolutely marvellous.

I had had two other attacks in that week, both of them being extreme but not bad enough to make me not able to handle them myself without completely destroying me.

The others didn't notice.

I had walked past Logan, ignoring his stares as he tried to measure me once again. You would think that someone with skills like that would be able to notice the fact that the eyeshadow underneath my eyes covered almost half of my face, two lines cutting through the circles as my tears had decided their path that day.

The only one who had noticed something different was Roman. I know, I'm as surprised as you are.

I had just finished the joyride of having my second attack that week and had gone to the centre to get myself a drink as my mouth had felt as the Sahara after biting onto my blanket to prevent sobs from coming out for three straight hours. 

My glass was filled and I was about to leave the centre as I heard a voice with a slightly different tone as the others coming from the couch.

"Maybe try using a little less eyeshadow next time. You don't want to end up looking like rocket racoon just came from an MCR concert."

As you can see princey had begun to forget his 'promise' to not be mean to me. I mean who can blame him. Logan is the one with the brains.

The only one who has been trying to be even remotely nice is Patton. But I can't help but feel sorry for him for doing so. He is the heart you see. He can't help being nice and trying to befriend failures like me.

And every time he hugs me or laughs at whatever I said he found funny, I remember painfully clear that he can' t be trusted. The poor guy is cursed to kick it with everyone Thomas has ever met and most importantly, with me. I  wish I could make it easier for him.