Chapter 15

We do not talk about what happened.

After we had calmed him down enough to tell us what had happened he just said he did not remember why he had been in the room.

Virgil had explained to us that, after several breakdowns, he was able to stay in there for longer periods of time without having an attack right away.
But whenever he was feeling like he was about to have one the room would take every tiny bit and worsen it to send him over the edge. 
He told us he had never liked the room but he felt a need to be in there as he was Anxiety, he had told us he thought he deserved the attacks, why would the room be assigned to him otherwise.

He was now sleeping in the common room.

We had tried to lock the room but for some reason the lock would either disappear or snap open whenever someone was walking past is so now we had just placed a small fence around the opening although the only reason we didn't just leave it like it had been for all those years was that Patton said he was afraid some 'shadow-monster'would come and get him.

Patton had also been extremely clingy towards Logan in particular. But weirdly enough he didn't seem to mind at all, he just rolled his eyes, the slightest smile on his lips and wrapped his arms around the other whenever he came up to ask for a hug.

The room had had a strange effect on Patton. Almost every night, whenever I was still in the common room talking to Virgil we could hear him open his door, his feet stomping on the wooden floor, trying and failing to not make any sound and stop in front of Logan's doorstep.

The thing that made us both look up in surprise the first time it happened was that whenever Patton did this, Logan was wide awake and invited him in with the words 'another nightmare huh?'

Normally I would've paid more attention to their relationship, whether it was platonic or not, but I was to wrapped up in my own romantic feelings to care for anyone but myself, Virgil and of course Thomas. He was our host after all. We have to make sure he stays healthy and happy.

I think Virge now is the happiest I have ever seen him. He smiles everytime our eyes meet and in the cuddle sessions we started doing he is always acting happier then I have ever seen him do.
He talks and talks, he grabs my hand whenever the other two aren't looking and if I'm really lucky I get small kisses on the cheek when we are curled up against each other on the couch, me wrapping him up in my arms like a mother bear would do to her cub.

And yet there is something uneasy about it.

He smiles wide, but the smile won't reach his eyes, he talks about everything, but the words come out flat and he never once mentions how he is feeling. Every time I ask him he finds a way to get around to question, to avoid it. Whether it is trough shutting me up with a kiss or just shrugging and giving me a smile, he never once said anything about his mood.

But these are just small things I tend to overanalyze pretty quickly. So like with so many things, I brush it off and try not to think about it.

As long as Thomas is happy we all should be in a rather pleasant state.
And if it's going like I think it is by looking at the screen whenever I'm there with Virgil, we got absolutely nothing to worry about.