Chapter 13

I had, what some people would call it, an argument.

Patton had a rather idiotic view on how we should handle the recent breakdown and apparently correcting him wasn't the 'right thing to do' as we ended up in a circle of telling each other what we do not like about the other trait. 

I must admit that looking back, it might not have been very tactful to shout at him the way I had done but he was acting so carelessly and without any thought that it made me, I hope this is correct, 'lose my chill.'

I know I was doing something wrong as me just simply stating the facts seemed to upset the other trait but at the moment I wasn't able to focus on the emotional things he might be feeling so I continued.

After him listening to me for precisely two minutes and forty-three seconds, he ran off to his room. 
As I looked back on the moment I realized he had tears forming in the corners of his eyes but I was too pumped up to care.

Now, walking through the hallway that shouldn't have to be this long, I realize I should've been 'kinder' as roman would say. My approach on Patton could use a lot of improvement and so I tried to put a smile on my face and look as approachable as possible as I knocked on the door leading into the world of sunshine and puppies that was Patton's room.

After standing in front of the door for much longer than average I turned around, the only logical explanation was that he had gone to one of the other traits to 'let his feelings out'. 

Ugh, why does all of this emotional stuff have to be so complicated?

Normally I would first go to Romans room, Patton disliked Virgil's room. As he once told me he 'feels like there's something trying to get into his head,' but as the darker traits door appeared to be opened I walked towards the void that stretched itself out within those four walls.
I must admit I myself find the very thought of setting foot in that room unappealing but once I stood in front of the wide open door, the darkness literally called my name.

"Logan, I'm sorry"

I focused on the floor a few foot into the room, an incredibly familiar figure appeared to be laying there, slowly rolling them- no, himself up into a ball and letting the hand that had reached out for me fall onto the floor.

"Patton?"

The figure showed no signs of life or even movement whatsoever and as my eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness I was able to make out the pair of glasses laying on the floor right beside the individuals face.

Shit.

I stepped into the room, feeling the darkness already trying to consume me as I grabbed the now unconscious trait and dragged him out of the room, his glasses remaining on the wooden floor.

As soon as the light hit his face I was able to see that he was in a terrible state. His skin had gone sickly pale and the amount of black underneath his eyes would even make a racoon, or as the more educated people call them, a 'Procyon lotor' jealous.

As I had no idea of what to do in such situations I ran over to Romans room, the most logical place Virgil could be right now, having to repress a smirk as I realized I was right before I told him what was going on.

His face which had been rather red and relaxed turned into one of horror as he and prince, they appeared to be holding hands, ran towards me. Anxiety let go of Roman's hand as he saw Patton laying on the floor pale as ever and whispered what appeared to be the words 'oh my god' before rushing towards the always so cheerful trait and kneeled beside him.

The one thing that I found odd in this situation was that, even though I had gotten out of the room a while ago, the strange feeling I had gotten the second I saw Patton hadn't gone away.

Later on, I would learn through asking Roman, that humans called this incredibly miss pleasing feeling guilt.