Chapter 3

Cradline flew low,for she was injured,but also to keep close to Unus.

She had been caring for him for three days now and he was also helping her get better.

Every day he would fly down to the river and fetch her water and healing plants. Now they where searching for a place to stay.

"Down there!"Unus shouted. He had found his voice and it was very beautiful,but at the same time,Cradline wished he'd quiet down.

"It has beautiful cliffs around it,it's also good protection. It has lots of vegetation and small animals to feed on. Its perfect Mamma!" Unus said,very excited"Slow down. And please;Call me Cradline. I've told you already,I'm not your mother"Cradline said sweetly.

"But Craddy!can we live there?can we?"Unus said"Craddy?"Cradline laughed.She stared into the wide excited eyes of Unus and sighed"Lets check it out?"Cradline said

"Yeah!" Unus flew swiftly into the valley,leaving Cradline behind"Such enthusiasm" Cradline thought,before picking up her pace.

"Unus!Slow down!"Cradline shouted after Unus

"Cradline!it's perfect!" Unus shouted back"Can we stay?Pleaaaase" Unus asked. Cradline thought for a while.Unus frowned at Cradline.She signed"Yes.We  can stay" Cradline said,reading Unus's thoughts.a wide grin instantly spread across Unus's face,as he flew up higher then he ever has,spinning with joy before plummeting back down to Cradlines level"Yessss!" Unus said,before flying through  the valley"Its ours!Every inch!it belongs to us!yeeeeeey" Unus screamed"Ssshhh" Cradline said flying beside Unus"Unus. This is a world of fear,this is the age of war.I wish not to scare you,but others will want this perfect place and we have to fight for it. We will need to keep our voices low,so not to attract predators and we need all our strength"Cradline said"Preditors?"Unus said,his tongue twisting with the new word"We eat rabbits yeah?"Cradline said,trying to explain the word"Yeah?"Unus replied"We are their predator ,we attack,kill and eat them. They are the prey,the victim"Cradline said"Oh.That makes us sound bad"He said looking at a hare hop by"Well,we need to eat to survive,but it doesn't mean we will go offering ourselves over without giving the predator a good run"Cradline explained"Fair enough"Unus said,before flying into a nearby cave for the night"They grow so fast" Cradline thought.Before feeling a pang of sadness in her heart"I wonder how grown my chicks are right now?"

Chapter over.Please vote,comment or even follow....