Chapter 23

Forrest the savannah cat(A/N:why a savannah cat is name Forrest, we'll never know)

They all ran at top speed,they hear the humans screaming and getting inside the twistwings(helicopters) and the quakebirds(Airplanes) they keep on running,flying,hopping...

Until finally the water is in view"Help me!"Trunk the elephant called as he got stuck in a tree,the lava quickly catching up to him,Unus paused,about to save him,but it was no use,he'd never be able to carry an elephant on time.

He was swiftly covered in lava and everyone kept on running,they all jumped into the water.

Some animals didn't make it,but most of them did and when the lava hit the water,it cooled into rock.

The animals stopped,finally able to relax,they panted and drank the water.Unus smiled at Flicko,in pure happiness of there escape.

Some animals laughed from happiness,some jumped up and down"WE LIVE!!!!"Scrunchy said happy to Unus"I can't believe we are alive!I escaped!"he said"....I mean...of course I escaped"he said proudly,the smile was wiped off Unus and his friends"your the one who got us into this.Remember?"Unus said
"Yeah!you risked the lives of everyone!"The alpha of the dew pack barked"and yet here you are cheering?after how many of your kin died in the lava!"He yelled,pointing his muzzle to the half burned and covered in lava island"You stand there and you do nothing?!but sit there on a goat to protect you from the water"the alpha said disgusted and trying to annoy Scrunchy at the same time.Scrunchy stared in slight,slight guilt.he never wanted his followers to come to harm.he looked also ashamed that he was afraid of the water"And because of you!Trot is dead!"dandelion growled"dead!that's it!we will never see him again,he's gone!"She growled,putting her ears back in anger.a sob escaped The dew herd and some others throats.

But dandelions worlds just explained to young soldier who was on her back,what happened to trot.Soldier was wondering when trot would come back,but now he finally understood.

Soldier lifted his own head from behind his mother's,giving Scrunchy a look of bitter hatred,snarling with his ears so flat on his head you couldn't see them.

Scrunchy walked backwards in slight fear,forgetting that he was standing on a goat for protection,he slipped into the water"Help- i-can't swi-"Scrunchy's words muffled as he sunk,nobody attempted a rescue,not even his followers really moved.

Forrest lifted Scrunchy back onto the goat.Scrunchy coughed then shook the water off of him,his eyes wide in fear as he looked down at the water.

The goat turned his head,giving him a face like"Seriously?"( -_- )
Scrunchy frowned and the goat smiled innocently,turning around.

"Thank you Forrest"Scrunchy said.
Forrest hated water too,but not as much,he also couldn't swim,but the water was shallow and only went up to just bellow Forrests shoulders

"Can't say the same for you all!"Scrunchy said,scanning his eyes threw all the animal's

He turned back to the angry animals in front of him"it was not my idea to harm them,I gave them the option to leave the island before I get the mountain to erupt,but they loyaly stood by me"Scrunchy said and the other animals nodded"it's true"Forrest said

"But I admit I owe the animals a thing or two....I'm leaning more towards just a thing"Scrunchy said licking his paws,Unus took a deep breath as blue fire built up at the back of his throat"Wait,wait,wait!"Scrunchy said

Unus closed his jaws"I will forever serve you if you only have mercy!"Scrunchy said.Forrest looked at him in shock and disbelief"Your majesty"Scrunchy said bowing.

Fillip snorted and everyone turned to Unus,other than Forrest who still stared at Scrunchy in disbelief.

Scrunchy winked,signaling to Forrest that this was all part of his plan.

Forrest paused,then winked back.

Ch.End