CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE
MONDAY
3:21 PM
..

CHAPTER THREE MONDAY3:21 PM

..

Six sighed loudly as her locked slammed shut on her, her fingers barely getting to pull away before it did. She looked over at the group of girls standing there, practically sneering at her, "What Greta?"

"Don't what me, Crackhead," Greta scoffed, kicking Six's foot with enough force to make it skid out from under her, bringing her harshly to the ground with a thump, "See you tomorrow, Zimmerman. Have fun snorting with mommy"

Six just rolled her eyes, shielding herself with her hand as Greta's mob of tweenzillas threw things at her. She sat there for a minute before she finally got up, reopening her locker and stuffing her last book into her backpack.

She kept her head down as she made her way across the school and to the exit by Hallway 4, secretly hoping Eddie and his friends hadn't left without her. She also secretly hoped his friends all miraculously had something to do, so she wouldn't have to deal with the gut twisting feeling of one of them not liking her.

She knew it was bound to happen, one of them would believe all the rumors that constantly floated around town. And then she'd lose the any and all hints of a friendship she could have started with Eddie Kaspbrak.

She pushed her way out the door, seeing him and a group of other boys waiting there. She was so torn, between wanting to smile because he'd waited, and wanting to just sneak to her bike and leave before he saw her. But the group was standing next to the bike racks, and conveniently enough, the kid with the glasses was blocking her bike.

She sucked in a breath, her fingers instinctively twiddling as she just stared at them. She recognized them all. There was Stan Uris. He was in her social studies class, smartest kid out of all of them. He was only slightly intimidating, he sat up straight and always raised his hand. She knew he wasn't as stuck up as he seemed, he'd asked her for a pencil once. That was more conversation than Six had with anyone else in that class. He could of asked the kid on the opposite side of him, or even the boy who sat in the desk behind him. But he asked her.

Richie Trashmouth Tozier was there, huge glasses and all. He was in her social studies class too, and boy was the nickname Trashmouth accurate. The kid couldn't shut up to save his life, smart ass comment after smart ass comment just spilling from his mouth constantly. He was funny though, she had to admit that.

And then there was good ole' Stuttering Bill Denbrough. Everyone in Derry knew Bill, since his little brother went missing in October. Six thought it was sad, the way everyone seemingly just forgot about little Georgie Denbrough in a month or two. Everyone except Bill.

She released the breath the didn't realize she'd been holding, finally trudging her way down the steps and to the group of boys who's voices got louder and more clear as she got closer.