CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX
FRIDAY
9:59 AM

"Nope," Six sighed, looking at the boy in front of her, her face clad in a bored expression.

"Come on," Richie groaned, smacking his hand on the wall lightly, "That was a good one"

He'd made his way down the hall to Six's locker, like he did everyday after school, and for the past 10 minutes, had been trying out endless supplies of pick up lines on her.

"No it wasn't," she said, stuffing all the empty water bottles and loose papers from her locker into her backpack. She was trying to not sound annoyed with him, because she knew that deep down it would upset him. Six was good at reading people, and she could see the little drop in Richie's mood every time their friends ignore his jokes or told him to just
shut. up. So she always tried her best to humor him.

She wasn't always annoyed by him, but most of the time, she was.

"Okay, okay," he said, clearing his throat, "Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only ten I see"

Six sputtered our a laugh, "That's so old!"

"Old, but effective," Richie said, pointing a finger at her, "What about this one, do you have a mirror in your pocket? Because I can see myself in your pants"

"Richie Tozier, you are the epitome of disgusting," Six said, trying her best to not laugh at him. As much as she hated Richie when she first met him, these couple weeks of hanging out with him changed that. He'd grown on her, but that didn't mean she had to show it. Knocking Richie down a few pegs was one of her favorite activity.

"Hey!" he protested, "That was one of the best ones I have"

"Yet, it still wasn't good," Six closed her locker, swinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Okay, okay, listen to this one,," he said, following her as she started walking down the hallway towards Bill and Eddies lockers, "Roses are red, grass is greener, I think about you when I touch my wiener"

"Richie!" she laughed loudly, pushing his shoulder, "That was the worst one"

Richie stayed silent, a proud smile on his face as he reveled in the fact that he made her laugh as hard as she did. Over the past few weeks he'd been able to figure out what made her laugh and what didn't, that she would always make snarky remarks and would fake disgust at dirty jokes, but he knew those were her favorite. Those made her laugh to most.

They passed Eddie and Bills lockers, the two boys immediately falling into stride with their friends. Eddie pushed his way in between Richie and Six, smiling over at her.

"Hey Kaspbrak," she smiled back at him before she turned her attention to the other boy, "Hi Bill"

"H-Hey," Bill said, hiking his backpack up on his shoulders, "Where's S-Stan?"

"Probably still in his last class," Six said, looking up the hallway as they neared his classroom, "He's been super nervous about his bar mitzvah, he's spacing out a lot"

"Yeah," Richie said, his finger coming up to push his glasses back up on his nose, "What do they do at those anyway?"

"I heard they chop the tip of his dick off," Eddie said, making Six choke on her gum.

"Don't be gross," she laughed once she'd caught her breath again, jumping a bit as she felt someone trying push their way in between her and Eddie.

She looked back at Stan, her hand reaching over and messing up his curls as Bill started stuttering out, "Wh-hat happens at your b-bar mitzvah? Eds said they cut the t-t-tip of your dick off"