2

Ruby.

Most people when you ask them say they hate their jobs. Or that they are in the wrong career. I've never been like that, even when I was at university and had little jobs in tea shops I enjoyed it. I've always enjoyed working full stop, I think it's something I've taken from my parents, my dad more than my mum.

After finishing my degree in design and specialising in jewellery, I went for a part-time job in Selfridges to earn some money whilst I looked else where for a job to use my degree with, but once Selfridges saw my degree they put me on jewellery and watches as an assistant to Karen, my supervisor who showed me the ropes; the ins and outs, do's and don'ts.

Two years later, Karen left and I was made supervisor earlier this year. I couldn't quite believe that I was asked at my age to do such an important job, but my boss Bradley believed in me the whole time and told me he wouldn't want anyone else doing it. I felt bad for Victoria, she had been there years(apparently ten), she was twenty years my senior and I know she thought she'd be promoted once Karen was gone. I don't think she likes that she has to answer to me, but I try to be as thoughtful as possible and give her as much space as possible so she can do her own thing. Zara my other colleague is only two years older than me and I don't really think she cares, Zara has been saying for a while she fancied a change to menswear, but I personally think that's because of Aaron the (quite cute) assistant up there.

"I just don't think this is the right one," The fifty-ish year old man pondered looking between the two necklaces.

"It all depends what your wife likes sir," I smile.

"It's her birhday, and I know she's been looking at necklaces online but I don't know what she wants exactly. Can you tell me a bit about them?"

I nod happily. "This is a timeless eighteen carat Links of London piece, they have real diamonds, and it's our last in stock priced at four thousand, three hundred." I could only dream to have a four thousand pound necklace bought for me, better yet; one I could buy myself. "This one," I point. "Is also a eighteen carat Links of London piece, named Sweetie Drops because of the style. It's perfect with a black evening gown, it can also be adjusted. This one is priced a little lower at one thousand seven hundred."

The man scratched his chin. He was dressed well in a nicely tailored navy suit, I wondered if he maybe had it tailored here in store.

"Do you know what?"

I listen intently. "What sir?"

"I'll take them both,"

Gobsmacked, I stutter. "A-are you sure?"

"Course! It's her birthday after all and I'm hopeless at choosing, I may as well buy both of them."

I nod, stunned at the fact he was willing to basically pay six grand on two necklaces. "No problem, I'll have them boxed straight away." I smile turning and bumping into my boss. "Sorry Bradley,"

"You're needed,"He mutters looking around as if we're being watched.

Frowning, I show that I'm with a customer.

"Hand it to Victoria, you're needed."

I nod asking Victoria if she can take over which she does, forcing me a smile. I apologise to the customer for the change and wish him well before following Bradley.

"What's going on?"

"We have a VIP."

"Oh?"

"Harry Styles," He mutters. We walk briskly to our offices.