8

Interview.

I got the opportunity to sit down with Harry Styles before his show last night at The Garage. The show was announced 3 days before the day and was sold out in minutes which was no surprise. He performed a plethora of songs as well as his own versions of two One Direction songs. Read on for the interview.

I: Hi Harry, it's lovely to see you

H: You too. Thanks for having me.

I: It's no problem. Now, tonight is your first show in over a year, and your first ever show as a solo artist. How are you feeling?

H: Surprisingly calm. I feel it's the right time to get back out on the stage, plus this music is mine and mine only. I only have to think about what I'm singing, no fancy lights or choreography.

I: Was there a lot of choreography in One Direction?

H: It didn't seem so but there was. We each had a place to stand, at a certain time in each song.

I: So none of that for you?

H: No, I'm just going to go with it. If I feel like sitting during Woman I will, if I feel like skipping during Kiwi I will.. but I probably won't.

I: What are you most excited to perform?

H: Kiwi, definitely.

I: It seems to be a fan favourite.

H: It's just a fun song I think. Nothing serious.

I: So, tour?

H: Yes, I'm very excited for tour. It's going to be a fun few months.

I: Do you think this tour will be different to the previous tours you've been on?

H: Yes, 100%. With One Direction, life was fast pace and go,go,go. We had so little time to do a lot of things, it was crammed in. I'm not saying that's bad or I didn't enjoy it because I couldn't have loved my life in One Direction more. But with this tour I'm taking my time with it, I'll have time off to explore the places I visit as well as time off just to have some time at home. I definitely won't be doing 131 shows in the space of 3/4 months.

I: It sounds like it'll be a lot more chill.

H: Yes and no. Tour still takes a lot of energy.

I: With all of your schedule taking up so much of your time; album out, your debut film role, a tour.. Do you have time for a relationship?

H: It's all about balance, how you manage your time. If you spend so much time focused on your career then you won't have time for anyone whether they're a friend or family member.

I: Do you have anyone special in your life at the moment?

H: Lots of people are very special to me. Wait, that sounded weird. You're asking if I have a girlfriend, right?