33 - Purloin

(a/n at the end)

Word count: 1610

(a/n:) I also just realized I originally said her dogs name was Penny but then randomly changed it to Oliver cause that's my dogs name lmao. If I mention her dog again It'll probably be Oliver but idk I liked Penny.

In the back of my head I wanted to be this strong woman who could deal with an issue privately, and not be so transparent with my emotions, but I knew if I went to my classes the next day I'd break down and I wouldn't be able to tell anyone why.

Harry thankfully sent an email to all my professors from my account just saying that I wouldn't be in class and that my assignments were attached to the email.

I wanted to say something. I wanted to get up and figure something out. I wanted to feel safe.

How was I to know whoever had taken those pictures wasn't silently watching right now, waiting for me to do something. Listening.

I'd kill to know what was going on in Harry's head. He was very careful around me. Almost like I was made of glass.

After he helped me calm down last night I ended up falling asleep in his arms on the couch. I think he slept a little too, but I hadn't asked. Neither of us had said more than two words since we woke up.

Is this something I could even go to the police about? Would that make the person mad if they found out I 'told on them'.

I tried to take a shower, something in the past that had made me feel better, like I was washing away any bad emotions and could focus on moving forward. But I couldn't do that now.

Now things were different.

Now I didn't have a plan.

My phone had been siting on the coffee table, dead center all night. I could barely take my eyes off it. Every time the screen lit up I'd flinch. I couldn't check it though. I just needed a moment to breath.

The longer I put it off made it harder each minute knowing I would have to eventually.

Harry silently wandered around his apartment, fixing things up one minute, making something to eat the next. He had already searched every inch of his apartment ten fold.

Nothing.

But this person had something. The image burned in my memory. Constantly playing like a trailer on a loop.

"No Harry, stop!" I couldn't contain the giggles coming out of my mouth, if someone was walking by they'd think we were insane.

"You'll have to try and make me." His smirk sent a chill down my spine, awakening something inside of me.

"Alright." In seconds I was across the room, mere inches between us. I glance at the counter, looking over the mess we made. It was the weekend before Thanksgiving and I had convinced Harry to bake a pumpkin pie with me. Sounds simple enough.

Except for Harry getting a little too into it, throwing out not just the instructions, but also the pie filling, surprising me with an actual pumpkin.

So things got a little messy.

I moved one hand up his arm, resting it on his shoulder. Looking up at his eyes right now made me envy everyone else that ever got his affection. There was something about him that made you feel special. Like you were the only one he saw, the only one he cared for.

Standing up on my top toes, my lips brush past his briefly, the short intake of breath from him making my heart flutter. He most definitely was able to hear my heart pounding in my chest.