Chapter 9: A Reason to Live

STORY'S POV

"Are you an ally or enemy?" The King of Chess asked me.

"I am an enemy...or should I say I'm neutral in all this, or I'm not picking sides on good or bad...I'm just in the middle." I said plainly. 

Nieve fell on her knees as Luke held her.

"I'm was scared." Nieve said.

I rolled my eyes and muttered, Typical, because that is every protagonist favorite word of otome games. I mean, some of them are strong-willed and are good people but....I just hate how they're all like protect me or something, I mean, REALLY.

I walked away from this scene because it looked like every guy was comforting Nieve. Can't say I wasn't jealous because I was--wait no--am still an otaku. But I breathed out my jealously, these weren't the guys I fell in love with, these are the guys who the protagonist fell in love with...not me, my heart doesn't beat at all when I go near them just slowly beating at it's regular pace.                        PLUS these guys are WAY older than me, I'm like 17-18-ish....I don't know I really don't care about my birthday....it brings back sad memories.

When I was far away from them, I breathed out again in relief.

*ROAR*

" *Gasp*, shoot!" I shouted. "FURY!"

It was so fast, the Fury's claws went into my body, my blood splattered on the ground...and my body fell on the ground. I groaned in pain as the Fury took a another swing and my instincts took over yet again. I raised my hand to create a barrier.......of ice.

I grunted in pain, as more blood spilled on the floor, I kept gasping on the floor, I started to get up slowly, as the Fury was still in shock on my barrier. The Fury chased me on a cliff, trust me, I back at home I was known as the girl who likes to fall off cliffs. Just as the Fury was had me cornered and it was ready to pounce a voice was heard, it stated me so much that I fell on the ground with my face making contact with it first.

"HEY! YOU NEED TO LEARN TO NOT A HURT A LADY!" A man with cat ears came in front of me.

"NOT A LADY!" I complained while my face was on the ground.

"*Gasp* Katherine..." his chestnut hair waved in the air, as he was stunned, the fury was ready to pounce.

"WATCH OUT!!!" I got my body up and shielded Kyle with it, as an instinct, and the fact that if one of the targets got hurt, I will face the wrath of the King. Its claws went in contact with my right shoulder as it did I felt deja vu all over again.

Once again my blood splattered on the ground again. My knees fell on the floor, as I raised my hand and released all my magic to create a ice barrier once again, but bigger this time. But as I did that it caused an explosion and made me fell off the cliff while I was holding onto a...blue...root...I don't know anymore.

*Gasp* *Gasp* *Gasp*

"ARE YOU OKAY?!?!" Kyle asked me wide eyed that I took the hit from the Fury. "HOLD ON...I'LL SAVE YOU!"

My eyes widened, did Kyle actually say that!?!? Kyle quickly ran up to me and held out hid hand, I was tempted to grab it but considering that I looked like Katherine and Kyle and her had a history together, I quickly averted my hand towards him thinking that he might tricking me.

"WHY SHOULD I TRUST YOU?!?! YOU HATE ME!" I said out loud to him.

"I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS--" Kyle said but got interrupted by the sound of snapping.