35} Found You

Alex pushed his blonde hair out his eyes, slumping back into his chair and letting out a sigh. He closed his eyes and rubbed them with his hands, trying to concentrate on whatever Lachlan was trying to engage him in. 

"Dude..."

"Huh? What - Sorry?"

Lachlan rolled his eyes, as my own snapped open. I hadn't been paying attention, though I knew he was talking about the football final that was supposed to be happening on the weekend, only three days away. "You really need to listen. This stuff's important!" 

"It's bloody football, Lachlan! It's not that important!" Alex sighed, getting to his feet and heading out the door of the cafeteria, the bell signalling their next lesson ringing in his ears. 

Staring down at his feet, his mind was clouded, and he had no clue which direction he was walking in. He had a free period, and he planned on spending all of it out in the sunshine on the steps of the school. 

Now having a moment to himself, he but his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. 

"Why...?" he quietly muttered to himself, still not sure what he even meant. 

There were some birds singing in the sweet air, gliding around the trees, but some were squawking to each other with strange voices that couldn't sound less human. These sounds calmed Alex, and he slowly breathed in and out. His thoughts raced, and he couldn't focus on anything for more than ten seconds. 

"Well, well, well..."

A tiny pair of petite hands suddenly pressed over his eyes, blocking out the sun. 

"Guess who I found?"