Real estate markert

All the land owned by the government in China. It is divided into two category sections: farm land and urban land. The farm land is less active in commercial market, even they have some limited industrial function. The value only occupies 10% of the urban land.
It is changing, the market and the circumstances are changing as the policy maker changing the policy.
The land in urban area fall into four types of uses, residential, 70 years valid; industrial 50 years value; travel/education, good for 40-50 years valid. Commercial: 50 years.
Everyone has its own theory for life. The Chinese people consider property is a must for marriage or symbol of adulthood if they have the ability to own a property. It is a good culture for the real estate market prosperous.
The Chinese real estate is a virgin, only some specific city have been developed, not the farm land. The policy is still blank for the agriculture. There is no value written on the government book. They can develop in a commercial way. I have a teacher who tried to help to improve some villages life but failed. There is no such law to support the development. The land recognition is owned by the state or the communist not individual. Although your are a Chinese citizen, you don't own the land asset. That is the reality.
It is really hard to tell what is wrong or right. Everything has its own reason. We habit in some space for some time, there are some universal law, we have to obey if you study physics, chemistry or other science.