Acknowledgements

Hello readers!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to choose my book out of all of the massive pile of others. I genuinely hope you enjoyed this story; a lot of my blood, sweat and tears went into creating it.

It's been a long two years writing this story. When I first began it, I wondered who Eve really was. I wanted to make her into a character who could manage anything with a smile, and brace herself against the worst without ever backing down. But quickly I realised that I wanted someone relatively realistic; someone with flaws, who fell in love too easily, who didn't know any other way to defend herself against guards apart from by throwing books at them like at the beginning of my story. I tried to make her as realistic as possible, but of course this is simply a story, isn't it?

I realised pretty quickly that I couldn't stay true to keeping the supernatural away from this story, since I did want to recreate some type of Satanic presence. And somewhat like the bible, Eve was eventually seduced by Ash(Satan). Darkness can never truly exist without light and vice versa which is why I didn't paint out Kieran(Adam), Eve or even other characters to be pure and incorruptible. And out of anyone, a character like Kieran who was granted the title of general seemed too perfect to be untouched. I needed to develop him, to cause him to be changed somewhat by the darkness which exists in all of our hearts, somewhere. Even Eve by the end is affected by what she has witnessed.

I think what I am trying to say is that it's relatively normal for a person to have an evil and a good side, no matter who they are. I mean, Lucifer was originally the most holy and pure angel, but even he was tempted by his own greed.

Anyway, this is an extremely loose interpretation of the story, and it does not intend in any way to mimic the original biblical story of Adam and Eve. Eve never really had ANY development in the bible; there isn't even a description of what she looked like!

To wrap things up, I would like to thank everyone for reading, no matter who you are. I hope this story provided a good recluse for you to escape into when you didn't want to face the real world. I hope that you will recommend my story, although I'm happy just knowing that you loved reading. And last of all, I hope you can strive to achieve your dreams, and touch hearts.

Have a wonderful day, beautiful reader.

Much love,

Katie x