Chapter 7

Jazmyn's P.O.V:

Friday morning!

I woke up with a smile on my face just thinking about how I get to spend the night with Adam. I really like Adam, he's just so… different. But it’s a very good different, thought. He reminds me of the old me in ways, the one I use to be before I turned into the conniving bitch I am now.

Adam is sweet, and kind and not to mention he's hot as hell! But the downside to that, is so is his brother. Jaxon and Adam are polar opposites! I don't see how I ever was interested in guys like Jaxon when there were guys like Adam right in front of my face. I guess I was just blind. I was so stuck up in myself that I never even noticed that there were so many guys that wouldn’t hurt me surrounding me.

"Jaz! Come down and eat, or you'll be late for school!" I heard my mom yell from what I assumed was the kitchen. No matter how excited I was to see Adam today didn’t change the fact that I hated mornings. Groggily, I climbed out of my bed and made my way down the stairs towards the kitchen.

Once I made my way through the doorway of the kitchen, I was awarded with the amazing smell of pancakes! My favorite! I loved my mother’s pancakes, and it was rare that she made them for me anymore. We were both always too busy. So seeing as she made me some this morning, makes somewhat suspicious.

"Mom, you didn't have to wake up early and make pancakes! What's the special occasion?" I asked raising my eyebrows in suspicion. What is it that she wants now? She only makes these when she has something big to tell me or she wants me to do something.

"Sit down, Jaz. We need to talk about something important and I have been avoiding this for a couple of days now, but it can't wait any longer," the tone in my mother's voice was beginning to scare me. She never talked like this unless she was trying to make me act the way I should or to treat people better. I sat down on one of the stools at the bar and watched my mother as she paced the kitchen in front of me.

"Mom, what happened?" I asked eyeing her carefully. She looked as if she were about to blow and I had a feeling I wasn't the cause, at least I didn't think I was. Other than going to the principal’s office I didn’t do anything else for her to be mad at me about… and she wasn’t even mad about that.

"You are going to be really mad when I tell you this but I would rather you hear it from me than to have it pop up from someone else," the way she said someone else made my skin crawl. She wouldn't be talking about... "Your dad called me the other day. He really wants to see you, Jaz."

I froze at those words. He contacted her when I didn't respond to him. You would think that he would get the point! I don't want to see him, ever! He can't disappear with that slut and leave me and my mother with nothing but a sorry goodbye and expect to come back now! No, I am not letting that happen. I refuse to get hurt again just because he suddenly had a change of heart! There is not fucking way in hell that man was going to be a part of my like again! He can kiss my ass! And now he was dragging my mother into all of this, no that wasn’t okay.

"Jaz, honey please say something," my mother's eyes were filled with fear. I didn't know what to say so instead of saying anything, I got up and left the room before I said something I would later regret. "Jazmyn, please!" I heard her calling after me but I couldn't bring myself to turn around and acknowledge her. If I talked to her right now, then that would lead to a fight and that's not what I want right now. She doesn’t deserve me yelling at her, but he does! He deserves more than just my yelling at him, but that would just have to do for right now.