Chapter 9

Adam's P.O.V:

I seriously can't believe what I saw back there. Jazmyn was in that bed, naked, with Jaxon! I wanted to believe her yesterday, but apparently she hadn’t changed at all. She had just said she didn't like him at all like that, and then the next night she's fucking him! That just shows how the good guy doesn't win!

God! How could I be so stupid to actually believe that she really liked me? She probably never really even liked me at all, she just wanted to make Jaxon jealous. She no different than any other girl in school. In the beginning they used to try to get close to me once they found out who my brother was, but that soon stopped when they realized that I wasn’t in contact with him anymore really.

Jaxon. I can't believe that he would do this to me. I mean, yeah I know we haven't been close for at least four years, but I mean come one! He's my twin brother, he should know better than to go around and fucking sleep with the girl he knows I like and am dating! I just can't seem to wrap my mind around how this relationship went downhill so fast. The first time I let myself care about someone other than my family it gets thrown back in my face.

She literally went from blowing me, to fucking my brother in just over twenty-four hours. I just don't understand why she would even accept my offer of dating when she knew, she fucking knew what she was doing. All this time she was trying to befriend me just so she could get what she wanted. I don’t understand why this has to happen to me. What did I do to deserve this?

I guess this is just what I get for being the nice guy. I never use to think that it was true, that the good guys never get the girl, but this was a major reality check. And let me tell you, it slapped me right in the face.

I was walking around not really sure as to where I was going. After I left the party I didn't even get into my car, I just walked right past it and kept going.  I didn't have a desired destination, just as long as I was as far away from Jaxon's house, and Jazmyn's, as I could possibly get. But no matter how far I went nothing seemed to change. The pain in my chest didn’t ease up nor did my anger towards either of them.

My phone began to vibrate in my pocket yet again. I pulled it out and saw that the caller ID read Jazmyn. I quickly denied the call and shoved the phone angrily back into my pocket and continued on my way. I couldn’t bring myself to talk to her right now. I didn’t want to hear her excuses for sleeping with my brother right after saying she didn’t care about him like that. So I just kept walking and ignored everything around me. I just wanted to be alone right now, and if that meant ignoring everyone, then so be it. By the time I started paying attention to where I was going, I had reached a small park that was about a couple miles away from that dreadful place.

I sat down at the closest bench and leaned my head back on the tree behind me. I closed my eyes and concentrated on not letting the tears fall down from my watery eyes. I was not going to cry over a girl that I knew had a past that was just like this. She told me she never really dated anyone, and that she would go out and party all the time. I barely know this girl, so why should I believe her when she says she moved here to make a fresh start.

Again, my phone began to vibrate and without caring what she had to say I pulled it out and answered it. I was going to let her know exactly what she did and wasn't going to let her try to convince me that what she did was an accident and she didn't mean it, because I know better. I wasn’t about to let her hurt me any more than she already has.