1

"KARA!"

The blonde dropped her lunch on her desk and raced to her boss' office.

"Yes Ms. Grant," she answered.

The CEO opened the drawer on the right side of her desk, pulling out large envelope.

"Your first assignment," She crosses the room and hands it to Kara.

Kara blinks confusingly to what just happened. "M- my first as-assignment," she stuttered.

Cat made a nod for confirmation. "Open it," she said in a soft yet demanding tone.

The youngest Danvers did as she was told and pulled out the paper inside. As she began reading it her eyes widened.

"You want me to interview Lena Luthor?" She asked in an alarmed tone. "But she's the CEO of one of the biggest corporation in National City. Shouldn't give you give this to someone more experienced?"

The CEO sighed, "Kara, there you go doing that again. Being a reporter is new to you...I get that. Being my assistant didn't exactly give you the opportunity to explore these new waters. But in all my years if there is something I learned it's that if you are given the chance to shine, you take it. If you keep going on like that you'll never get anywhere. You don't want to live your life thinking 'what would happen if I took the chance'- 'if I had the the courage to do it.' Don't live your life in regret. Don't make the same mistake I did; now I'm spending the rest of my life paying for it.

...I never got to see Adam grow up, I never got to hear his first word, I never got to see him take his first steps. And maybe we are getting closer. He actually considers me his mother now. But it doesn't change the fact that I was too late, 24 years too late. I lost my chance. And I don't want that to happen to you whether it is love, your job, or your family.

So take this chance Kara. You've earned it. You're scared of what might happen if you fail or if it isn't as good as you think it is. But isn't that life. And if you do fall you get back up. You keep trying no matter how hard it is. We've been doing it since we were infants. Like taking our first steps.

You'll never know what you've got unless you try. You won't disappoint anyone for for failing, Kara. You'll only disappoint people if you don't try. Because if you don't the person you'll disappoint the most is yourself. No one ever gets it on their first attempt. Life isn't made to be that way.

I have faith in you, Kara. I wouldn't give you this promotion if I knew you weren't ready. I wouldn't have given this job to you if I didn't know you are right for it.

You seek truth and justice...You remind me of myself when I was young. Well of course I had better fashion sense and was more attractive...

Now chop chop. Get to work. I am 245.3 seconds behind schedule."

Kara stood frozen in amazement. How her boss was seemed to give such amazing advice and not a second later have her whole demeanor change. She should be used to it by now, she was her assistant for 2 years after all.

"Ms. Tessmocker!" Speaking of assistant, her new one ran in, almost tripping over her feet. "What is this?"

"It's your milk ma'am" she responded

"What kind?" She asked

"The brand you had me look for exceptIgotwholemilkbecauseitwastheonlyoneIcouldfind." She rushed out.

Oh so I'm not the only one who speaks Karanese (or what Alex like to call it) Kara thought to herself.

"YOU WHAT!"